Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FLOWERS 'iCEHOUSE' 30TH ANNIVERSARY CD/DVD

I have my FLOWERS 'ICEHOUSE' 30th Anniversary Edition 2CD + DVD finally in my hands!.... Still sealed and will watch and listen to it in it's entirety in the next few days. SO HAPPY to have all the Countdown Performances all on one disc. I have them all already BUT these are remastered and in prestine condition. FINALLY a full clean copy of 'Icehouse' from the 1980 Countdown Awards from March 1981.

A bit ot ashame that the Flowers promo videos aren't also added though I have them in great condition :-) But still would rather have the Countdown performances released properly :-) **** ALL OZ artists should do these CD/DVD packages!

Re: FLOWERS 'iCEHOUSE' 30TH ANNIVERSARY CD/DVD

Sister is the only Countdown performance not accounted for on the DVD.An absolute shame as its my fave track on the Icehouse album.

Did Icehosue actually do 'Sister' live on COuntdown though????

If they DID then it's a great PITY!

'She's programmed for perfection'

I was wondering why the Countdown performance of 'Sister' wasn't on the DVD as well. It was one of those could have been a single songs that Molly pushed. Could this be a lost episode?

Jason "The Moderator"
Did Icehosue actually do 'Sister' live on COuntdown though????

If they DID then it's a great PITY!

Here it is on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMmk0TFbxwA

Sister was done on the Dec 14 1980 episode Jason

Why on earth isn't DVD??/ CRAP!

I haven't checked it out yet, but what performance of 'Sister' is on the 'Great Southern Land' video compilation?
If there is a DVD compilation coming out, hopefully it will be included.

Just checked the 'Great Southern Land' video of 'Sister' and it's a Live one.

brett
I was wondering why the Countdown performance of 'Sister' wasn't on the DVD as well. It was one of those could have been a single songs that Molly pushed. Could this be a lost episode?

The episode may be lost BUT and yes BUT... In the 90s rage playerd an OZ Countdopwn Special Summer Episode from 1980/1981 and it featured the live performance of Sister SO if the original episode is gone THAT episode still exists, ARGH!

I put on the Flowers DVD on half an hour ago and changed all the settings on the DVD recorder as I HATED the box effect. I then realised to watch in FULL SCREEN 4.3 I had to do it from the TV and NOT the DVD recorder!

I am SO happy now I have the TV set to full Screen 4.3 as now the performances look like they would have originally, PHEW!

hough SIster on Countdown isn't on this i ain't complaining, IT"S FAB that these COuntdown performances have been officially realeased!!!!!

Great to hear how well this album's doing again-
No.14 in the ARIA Album Charts and No.2 in the ARIA Australian Album Charts.Big call,but I'd love to see it do what I don't believe it did back in 1980-go to No.1.

WOW!!!!!! That is such an achievment. STUNNING!

It's a good sign for future Icehouse Re-releases.