Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Cockroaches first album on deleted CD?

Does anyone have a copy of the first cockroaches album on CD. This is the one with Wait up, She's the one, Some kind of girl, and Double shot of my baby's love. Been looking for it on ebay, but everytime it returns no results, so please would love to get a copy? Anyone?

Re: Looking for Cockroaches first album on deleted CD?

Sorry Mark, can't help you out with that one. I once saw it at RedEye records in Sydney. But they were asking price was too much, around $200!

I have it, complete with the $10.00 sticker from Lawsons in Sydney, bought in July 1993. I think I also have the vinyl LP as well.

Excellent. just wondering if I could please get a lossless copy of it on megaupload? I do remember the Virgin Megastore at Pitt Street Sydney in 1993 had a 2in1 set of their first two albums for $14.95, and now somewhat regret throwing it back into the shells at the time. I can most probably trade if I have something you're looking for.

This ebay seller can jump in the lake.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cockroaches-Ultra-Rare-Australian-CD-Wiggles-/200600565664?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item2eb4b9b7a0

I've just uploaded the album to MegaUpload. This is the first time I've tried to do anything like this so understand if there are any problems. There are 12 tracks numbered 01 to 12 in wma format, the keyword should be Cockroaches.

Hi John, Thanks for doing this but hope I don't come across as ungrateful, good for giving it a go. wma is a lossy format, meaning that the files are going to sound hollow, so I'll give you a quick guide on what to do.

What we need to do is

a: create a folder on your hardrive.
b: rip the CD into that folder in WAV.
c: then zip all 12 tracks up into one file.
d: upload it to a megaupload.

Here we go:

1. Download a program called Nero CD DAE.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9M9L9W6M
2. Create folder on C: Drive called Nero copy.
3. Extract the contents of the zip file into C:Nero copy.
4. Create directory C:Cockroaches CD
5. Open Nero CD DAE
6. Go to bottom, and select destination directory as C:Cockroaches CD
7. Select all the tracks
8. Press start, Nero will copy all tracks.
9. When finished, zip the folder C:Cockroaches CD into either a zip or rar archive
10. then upload to megaupload.

This will rip the CD in lossless WAV format.

Hope this helps

Luke

Bumpidy bump.... please anyone, lossless version in FLAC. Thanks. WMA sounds horrible. :(

No, I won't be reposting the album in new-fangled FLAC or .wav or anything else.

I'm sick of posting free stuff from my archives onto the Net in response to requests and - rather than being complimented and thanked for the effort - having people reply that it wasn't good enough. It happened when I posted a copy of a rare Jackson Browne video onto Rapidshare after requests via YouTube. Someone wanted a 1:1 copy and also launched into a long technical rant on exactly how I should post it. Needless to say I ignored that demand, and I'll be ignoring these latest demands.

When you pay for something you have a right to complain if it isn't good enough or faulty. When you get something for free you have no such rights.

Suck it up, princesses. That copy was it and you won't be getting anymore

John Moulis
No, I won't be reposting the album in new-fangled FLAC or .wav or anything else.

I'm sick of posting free stuff from my archives onto the Net in response to requests and - rather than being complimented and thanked for the effort - having people reply that it wasn't good enough. It happened when I posted a copy of a rare Jackson Browne video onto Rapidshare after requests via YouTube. Someone wanted a 1:1 copy and also launched into a long technical rant on exactly how I should post it. Needless to say I ignored that demand, and I'll be ignoring these latest demands.

When you pay for something you have a right to complain if it isn't good enough or faulty. When you get something for free you have no such rights.

Firstly, if you can't fulfill the request - don't bother.

Secondly, when you get told that your content isn't good enough, don't get your back up, try and use your brain. Because you didn't bother to read the request properly in the first place, chances are you're going to get feedback that's not to your liking.

Thirdly, buy telling us that you don't want to share your stuff, you have even made more of a fool of yourself.

From experience, you annoy people more buy placing inferior material up, rather just simply fulfilling the request, I can't put it any simpler then that.

Apologies for the up front tone, but that's your answer to your rather "tantrumed" post.

Jack Danier
John Moulis

Firstly, if you can't fulfill the request - don't bother.

Secondly, when you get told that your content isn't good enough, don't get your back up, try and use your brain. Because you didn't bother to read the request properly in the first place, chances are you're going to get feedback that's not to your liking.

Thirdly, buy telling us that you don't want to share your stuff, you have even made more of a fool of yourself.

From experience, you annoy people more buy placing inferior material up, rather just simply fulfilling the request, I can't put it any simpler then that.

Apologies for the up front tone, but that's your answer to your rather "tantrumed" post.

Well Jack, firstly John has tried his darndest to fulfill somebody's request. It was a good gesture, he didn't have to do it, at least you guys have a copy of the album in some kind of format, a lot better than what you had before which was zilch.

Now flac is another compressed format, which again doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the original. But granted it does sound a bit better than wma or a low grade mp3. Now even a mp3 that has been ripped straight from the cd at say 384 kbps has a very good audio and does sound a lot better than a 120 kbps mp3. Even professional audio people have said that they can't hear any difference between a high grade mp3 and a flac.

Obviously people aren't as technically minded as yourself so just be happy with what you have got.