Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Human League - Credo OUT NOW!

My babiez are back with a new album * SUPPORT IT!!!!

This is my review :-)

As this is the first full listen it will change as time goes by...

I can say that my NUMERO UNO track from 'Credo' is 'Into The Night'. IT KILLS ME :-)

'Into The Night' drifts so nicely like a beautiful star in the sky. The breath noises are STUNNING (almost Tour De France 'Kraftwerk' style)... The vocals glide really well and this is CLASSIC HUMAN LEAGUE in my opinion. I also love the lyrics, this track actually literally brings me to tears. I LOVE IT TO DEATH! MUST be a single! And Phil's vocals remind me of the 'Hyesteria' period aka 'I Love You Too Much'...
'Too chic to dare to disagree' is my FAVOURITE lyric on 'Into The Night' and on the whole album, PERIOD!

I am VERY, VERY, VERY fond of 'Sky'. BEautiful track and has a really exciting intro that bulids nicely. The way that 'Into The Night' mixes into the end of Sky is HEAVENLY! I nearly fell off my chair when these 2 tracks collided into one with the echo, reminded me of 'Love And Dancing'... My 2 FAV tracks from the album HANDS DOWN!... Rather Hysteria in vocal style INDEED as well for me ... MUST be a single, great track!

Night People wass CLASSIC as soon as I heard it and will just get stronger as the years go by. Just CLASSIC and deserved to be a HUGE hit!

'When The Stars Start To Shine' is BIG, HEAVY and LOUD and I am looking forward to getting MUCH familiar with this track as it's very different from the rest of the album. One that I will be concentrating on for sure, it's really FULL :-) A surprising moment...

Never Let Me Go is a good HL pop track and it's very cute. And I love Susan singing :-)

Get Together is one of those Human League tracks that is hopefull expressing Phil's views on life... Phil is a very clever songwritter and to me Human LEague talk more about life than anyone! An itriguing track I can see myself going back to quite a bit...

'Single Minded' is a GREAT track. I really like it, good melody and chord structers.

I do prefer 'CREDO' to their last album being the 2000 release of 'SECRETS' BUT wish there was something just as dark as 'Shameless' from 'Secrets' though I think 'Privilege' is one of those moments which is GREAT! :-) REALLY KICK ASS track that's nice and edgy and mysterious. Would like to see this track live. A STAND OUT!

Egomaniac is of course a KILLER and instantly loveable and Electric Shock is another stand out moment I am looking forward to knowing!

Only complaint I have is that I was WANTING a HL ballad DESPERATELY and I think it would have broken the album up a bit and made it gel more... Think something along the lines of 'Never Again' from 'Octopus'for those who know it. Would LOVE another ballad at some point ***** A ballad would have added a few minutes of softness which would have made the album more remarkeable

I don't like the cover BUT ADORE the art work that opens up, JUST IMMACULATE!

The tracks above are the ones that most grabbed me. Now I have to get a feel for the rest and the whole album... My only criticism is that the album gels well on 80% of the album and then the further 20% doesn't gel as loudly.

INDEED an album to be played LOUD, it's that kind of album ***** :-)
At this point I am giving it a 7 AND A HALF out of 10 :-)

Re: The Human League - Credo OUT NOW!

Thank you for the review. I will be picking up a copy.

'Credo' and 'All You Need Is Now' have been on repeat all day today.

My score for 'Credo' by The Human League has gone up as I gave that score at first listen. I am leaning more towards a 9 now!

The JB HI FI site has todays date as it's release in Australia. I'll have to check the stores this weekend.

Jason "The Moderator"
'Credo' and 'All You Need Is Now' have been on repeat all day today.

My score for 'Credo' by The Human League has gone up as I gave that score at first listen. I am leaning more towards a 9 now!

Same here. I just bought OMD's recent album 'History of Modern'.So that will give the other 2 a rest for a short while.

Was very sad to learn about the recent passing of Martin Rushent,who co-produced Dare.

John
Was very sad to learn about the recent passing of Martin Rushent,who co-produced Dare.

I heard the sad news as well. Wiki has this:

At the time of his death, Rushent was working on a 30th anniversary version of Dare, remixed as with Love and Dancing but using musical instruments instead of synthesizers

I only just found out about Martin a few days ago and was SHOCKED to say the least!

Very sadened by this news as he is one of my favourite producers of all time.

I have been in contact with his son on Facebook and the DARE 30th Anniversary release is still going ahead. He tells me that it's going to be AMAZING!

Thank goodness Martin left a talented son to make his mark in music in this world :-)

RIP Martin, you will be cherished forever
+
xoxo

Jason "The Moderator"

I have been in contact with his son on Facebook and the DARE 30th Anniversary release is still going ahead.

Coming out very soon!!...but will be waiting on reviews of the 2012 versions before I buy it as remasters of 80's classics have been very hit & miss. I really hope the reviews are positive as the track listing is awesome & includes a couple of versions of one of my ultimate HL songs 'You Remind Me Of Gold'

'You Remind Me Of Gold' is SUPREME! My FAV Human League B-Side PERIOD!

Jason 'The Moderator'
'You Remind Me Of Gold' is SUPREME! My FAV Human League B-Side PERIOD!

I was lucky to find the 12" EP with this track on it a few years ago.

Gary
Coming out very soon!!...but will be waiting on reviews of the 2012 versions before I buy it as remasters of 80's classics have been very hit & miss.

I can't wait for the reissue of Dare; obviously I'm biased but the original was such a significant album in many ways, and I still don't get tired of listening to it.

But I'm not going to worry about reviews of it, they'd vary hugely depending on who was reviewing it, and there's only one opinion that matters to me ;)

As long as it's better than Love & Dancing, I'll be happy :)

Dare is THE most perfect album EVER made in my opinion, my darling Human League *+*

What EXACTLY is going to be on the DARE 30th anniversary cd?

It was SUPPOSED to be the remixed Martin Rushent version which he was working on before he unfortunately died recently :-(

INFO PLEASE?

I am DESPERATE here!!!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Dare is THE most perfect album EVER made in my opinion, my darling Human League *+*

It was SUPPOSED to be the remixed Martin Rushent version which he was working on before he unfortunately died recently :-(

INFO PLEASE?

I am DESPERATE here!!!

I found this information Jason.

Disc 1
The Things That Dreams Are Made Of (2002 - Remaster)
Open Your Heart (2002 - Remaster)
The Sound of the Crowd (2002 - Remaster)
Darkness (2002 - Remaster)
Do or Die (2002 - Remaster)
Get Carter (2002 - Remaster)
I Am the Law (2002 - Remaster)
Seconds (2002 - Remaster)
Love Action (I Believe in Love) (2002 - Remaster)
Don't You Want Me (2002 - Remaster)
The Sound of the Crowd (12'' Version) (2012 - Remaster)
Don't You Want Me (Extended Dance Mix) (2012 - Remaster)
The Sound of the Crowd (Instrumental) (2012 - Remaster)
Hard Times/Love Action (I Believe in Love) (Instrumental) (2001 - Remaster)
Open Your Heart/Non-Stop (Instrumental) (2012 - Remaster)
Don't You Want Me (Alternative Version) (2012 - Remaster)
Disc 2
Mirror Man (2003 - Remaster)
You Remind Me of Gold (2012 - Remaster)
(Keep Feeling) Fascination (Extended Version) (2012 - Remaster)
I Love You Too Much (2012 - Remaster)
Mirror Man (Extended Version) (2012 - Remaster)
You Remind Me of Gold (Instrumental) (2012 - Remaster)
(Keep Feeling) Fascination (Improvisation) (2012 - Remaster)
I Love You Too Much (Dub Version) (2012 - Remaster)
Total Panic (2012 - Remaster)

brett

Disc 1
Disc 2

Wow, that sounds fantastic!

I hope they also release it on vinyl, so I can keep it with my vinyl copy of Dare

brett
Jason 'The Moderator'

INFO PLEASE?

I am DESPERATE here!!!

I found this information Jason.

Disc 1
Disc 2

Oh WOW, they have put on the 'Fascination' EP with the original BRILLIANT original version of 'I Love You Too Much' Thanks for this special info!!!

Thank You for the Dare new edition information. I stumbled across this Forum through another Human League pal of mine which lead me to this Dare information.

Regards
League Leader

I see that they have moved the release date of The Human Leagues Dare Deluxe Edition to 4th June 2012 in the UK.