Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
youtube search results - ridiculous!

Does anyone else here with a youtube account regularly find that their videos stop showing up in the search results after a while? (can even be after a few days)

Case in point - I uploaded a HQ version of Bananrama's 'Last Thing On My Mind' on Monday (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8MEzM1DHE ), much better quality than any previous versions on youtube. Now some idiot has re-uploaded it to their own channel, but in lower quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIS7vZprIac - it plays in 360p instead of 480p as mine does), and it's bumped my video from the search results when you search for 'Bananarama Last Thing On My Mind', unless you click the thing at the bottom of the search results page (Some search results have been omitted that contain duplicates. If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included).

Unfortunately, this has happened to nearly all of my HQ Bananarama videos that I've uploaded to youtube (as well as a few others) - so they've got only about 500 views after 6 months, while the lower quality versions of the same clip have several hundred thousand views.

Sorry for ranting, but it does my head in, and pi$$es me off that videos disappear from youtube's search results because it mistakenly thinks they are duplicates of other uploads (which sometimes they are, as in this instance).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Almost enough to make me not want to bother with youtube anymore (/runs off in dramatic hissyfit)

Of course, I don't think this ever used to happen before google took over youtube.

Re: youtube search results - ridiculous!

I've noticed this, You Tube are complete nightmares most of the time!

The Youtube search facility probably filters out clip names with the same title as duplicates irrespective of quality. Might be best to add something else to your caption that is something people might add when searching so you re-appear in the search results. Not that I am a big fan of Youtube. Too much crap to sort through just to find decent clips!!

Brett (2)
The Youtube search facility probably filters out clip names with the same title as duplicates irrespective of quality. Might be best to add something else to your caption that is something people might add when searching so you re-appear in the search results.

That's not it, actually. I stopped adding [high quality] to my video titles, because that seemed to do away with a few from the search results. My Bananarama video that went missing has about 20 tags, including even 'faux lesbian chic' (Keren & Sara are dressed in suit and tie, and seem rather 'close' in the vid) - but not even that stopped it from disappearing. I can only find it when I click on the option at the bottom of the search results page to display 'duplicates'