Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most Wanted 1982 Countdowns

In an effort to find out which Countdown episodes people would like to see that have never been shown on Rage Retro, I am asking anyone who is interested to name their favourite unrepeated episodes.

The following is a list of 1982 Countdowns that have never been shown on Rage. The episode details can be found in the "Countdown Archives" section of this site. Please select any 3 in the order of your preference for votes towards 1982 episodes.

- January 3 1982 Molly (Summer Special #3 New Zealand Invasion)
- January 10 1982 Molly (Summer Special #4 Export bands)
316 February 21 1982 Alex Smith (Moving Pictures)
317 February 28 1982 Molly interviews Cliff Richard, Bill Wyman and Elton John
319 March 14 1982 Shakin’ Stevens
320 March 21 1982 Molly interviews Duran Duran
322 April 4 1982 Jon English
323 April 11 1982 Ross O’Donovan & Jo Kennedy (Starstruck)
325 April 25 1982 Split Enz
327 May 9 1982 Martha Davis (The Motels)
330 May 30 1982 Ray and Dennis (Dr Hook)
336 July 11 1982 James Reyne (Australian Crawl)
338 July 25 1982 John Paul Young
339 August 1 1982 Grace Knight and Bernie Lynch (Eurogliders)
343 August 29 1982 Annalise Morrow (The Numbers)
344 September 5 1982 Billy Miller (The Great Blokes/ex Ferrets)
345 September 12 1982 John Farnham and Derek Pellicci (Little River Band)
346 September 19 1982 Globos
347 September 26 1982 Billy Field
- (October 3 1982) no show due to Commonwealth Games
351 October 31 1982 no host (Advance Australia theme - songs introduced by live acts)
352 November 7 1982 Errol Brown (Hot Chocolate)
354 November 21 1982 Joe Camilleri (Jo Jo Zep) and Jane Clifton (original tape damaged)
355 November 28 1982 Tim Finn
356 December 5 1982 Wendy Stapleton (Wendy & The Rocketts)
358 December 19 1982 Mental As Anything

Re: Most Wanted 1982 Countdowns

My three 1982 requests are:

1/8/82:
HOST: Eurogliders. REASON: Eurogliders were always great hosts and I think this would be a great ep. to see.

19/9/82:
HOST: Globos. REASON: Globos are always entertaining to see and this ep seems to have some pretty good live performances on it.

26/9/82:
HOST: Billy Field. REASON: I'm a big Billy Field fan and would be interested to see how he fared hosting the show.

My three picks:

1. 5/9/82 - Billy Miller hosting, appearance by Russell Mulcahy, 'Talking to a Stranger' by H & C, 'Run to the Hills' by Iron Maiden, early Dynamic Hepnotics, not to mention 'Words' by Missing Persons

2. 25/4/82 - Split Enz hosting & performing 'Dirty Creature', 'Lunatics have taken over the asylum' by Fun Boy Three, 'Boring Song' by the Hee Bee Gee Bees

3. 28/2/82 - 'Harden my Heart' by Quarterflash, 'Body and Soul' by Jo Kennedy live, 'Night of Rebellion' by INXS, 'Penthouse and Pavement' by Heaven 17

1/8/82 - have wanted to see this for 5 years hosted by Eurogliders and including Without You one of my favourite '82 tracks also has Sherbs and Little Heroes live

31/10/82 - Advance Australia theme with live performances from Sherbs, Wendy & The Rockets, Runners, Moving Pictures and Icehouse plus clips from Haysi Fantayzee, John Cougar Mellencamp, Billy Joel, Pointer Sisters and The Clash

26/9/82 - Billy Field hosts. No live performances but a good selection of clips from Australian Crawl, Mondo Rock, Jo Jo Zep (Taxi Mary), Billy Field, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Billy Idol, Dexy's Midnight Runners and Madness

21/03/1982 - I have this in timer code BUT I think this episode MUST be played. As a Duran freak that I am I LOOOOOVE and mean LOOOOOVE the interview with Nick And Simon in this episode from England. It's just overall an exciting episode *****

25/04/1982 - Numbers perform "Big Beat" in the Countdown studio which is just SENSATIONAL!... Split Enz do "Dirty Creature" live in the studio which I ADORE *

29/08/1982 - I want this episode as the studio performance from Jane Scali with "Having A Good TIme" is heavenly as is the set AND Dynamic Hypnotics studio performance for "Hepnobeat"

I wonder when the ABC are going to fix episode 354 November 21 1982 Joe Camilleri (Jo Jo Zep) and Jane Clifton's original tape by digitally restore it if it's going to be rescreen on Rage next year.

I feel that 354 is a treasure trove episode, so sad it is damaged, considering it contains INXS, Peter Gabriel, even Chas and Dave at their best!

Perhaps the part of humdrum featuring Molly attempting to explain the benefits of the new CD technology (approx. 17:45:00 - 18:24:00) could be pulled out and juxtaposed with other clips from pop culture TV showcasing other technology and equipment one night this coming summer?

Kyron Mallett
I feel that 354 is a treasure trove episode, so sad it is damaged, considering it contains INXS, Peter Gabriel, even Chas and Dave at their best!

Perhaps the part of humdrum featuring Molly attempting to explain the benefits of the new CD technology (approx. 17:45:00 - 18:24:00) could be pulled out and juxtaposed with other clips from pop culture TV showcasing other technology and equipment one night this coming summer?

How do you know 354 is damaged???????? :-(

Yes, how do you know? - although it is! I have this episode, as I did a trade with Guru Bob for this timecoded episode. He did warn me that it had tape damage, but I had to have it. The tape damage is pretty much a white horizontal line across the middle or lower part of the screen for the first 10-15 minutes. The show is fantastic as it's a 'back to front' episode and it starts with Jane and Joe flipped upside down and starting with the Number 1 song and works it's way backwards.

Jason "The Moderator"
Kyron Mallett

How do you know 354 is damaged???????? :-(

1. It's mentioned in Guru's list above.

2. My own copy is indeed damaged.

3. If the original isn't damaged I'd be over the moon but it still wouldn't stop the ABC from lifting the CD segment from Humdrum out of the show as the line is not visible at that time, at least in my copy which I'm informed is only a few years old.

Michael
Yes, how do you know? - although it is!

Michael, I also wasn't aware you were keeping track of what every collector was holding in their private collection (?). Do I need to know a secret handshake to possess it or talk about it?

My copy has a black line appearing either continually or consistently across the screen about a third of the way down from the top. It lasts until about 17 minutes in when the Supertramp clip is played in Humdrum. There's also some continuous flickering along the bottom of the screen. If that's all on the original, my very obvious point was that perhaps it's not suitable for broadcast (Guru may have been suggesting the same thing by qualifying his entry above). However the ABC did show that Jon English episode a couple of years ago which had been recorded on a domestic machine which had the odd flicker). I had wondered whether it was just a problem with the dub or on the original master. Guru's listing above seemed to confirm it was indeed on the original.