Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most Wanted 1985 Countdowns

In an effort to find out which Countdown episodes people would like to see that have never been shown on Rage Retro, I am asking anyone who is interested to name their favourite unrepeated episodes.

The following is a list of 1985 Countdowns that have never been shown on Rage. The episode details can be found in the "Countdown Archives" section of this site. Please select any 3 in the order of your preference for votes towards 1985 episodes.

449 February 10 1985 Kate Ceberano and Ian Cox (I’m Talking)
450 February 17 1985 Richard (No Nonsense) and Eric (Mondo Rock)
451 February 24 1985 Brian Mannix (Uncanny X-Men)
452 March 3 1985 Marc Hunter (Dragon)
455 March 24 1985 Spandau Ballet
457 April 7 1985 Molly interviews Phil Collins
458 April 14 1985 Tom Carroll (Australian World Surfing Champion)
459 April 21 1985 Queen
460 April 28 1985 Ben (teenager)
463 May 26 1985 Meatloaf
464 June 2 1985 Brian Mannix (Uncanny X-Men)
465 June 9 1985 Paul Young
466 June 16 1985 Molly (interviews Eurythmics)
467 June 23 1985 Sting
468 June 30 1985 Molly interviews David Lee Roth
469 July 7 1985 Angry Anderson
470 July 14 1985 Molly (a few hours after Oz For Africa telethon)
471 July 21 1985 Dave and Brad (Hoodoo Gurus)
472 July 28 1985 Molly (interviewing AC/DC)
474 August 11 1985 Howard Jones
476 August 25 1985 Vince Sorrenti, James Reyne and Martha Davis
478 September 8 1985 Richard Bruce (No Nonsense)
480 September 22 1985 no host
481 September 29 1985 Greedy Smith (Mental As Anything)
482 October 6 1985 Molly (from Rockhampton)
483 October 13 1985 Lyn Buckfield (Electric Pandas)
485 October 27 1985 Kids In The Kitchen
486 November 3 1985 Bob Geldof
487 November 10 1985 Koo De Tah
489 November 24 1985 Brian Canham (Pseudo Echo)
- December 29 1985 Summer Show No 1

Re: Most Wanted 1985 Countdowns

My three 1985 requests are:

24/3/85:
HOST: Spandau Ballet. REASON: I've been requesting this one for years - looks like a classic 1985 ep.

14/7/85:
HOST: Molly. REASON: Aired a few hours after the Oz for Africa telethon, I thought this would make for an interesting ep to see from a historical viewpoint as this telethon had a big impact at the time.

6/10/85:
HOST: Molly. REASON: This features Molly at the Rockhampton rodeo - certainly sounds interesting with some great clips.

My 3 for '85:

1. 10/11/85 - Fantasy Rock Clip by TAFE, Arcadia 'Election Day', Flotsam Jetsam '100% One Second Love', Hoodoo Gurus 'Like Wow Wipeout' and Do Re Mi 'Warnings Moving Clockwise' (never get sick of that song).

2. 16/6/85 - Machinations 'My Heart's on fire', Shine 'Kids in the Kitchen', Go West 'Call me', Eurythmics IV

3. 13/10/85 - Real Life 'Face to face', Time Bandits 'Endless Road', Electric Pandas 'Italian Boys', Pseudo Echo 'Don't go'

With apologies to the 'Live Aid' ep.

1985 is a HARD ONE as I want quite a few 1985's*****
Seems Benji and I are thinking alike for 1985 with 2 of the same episode's on our lists! GO Benji, you chose very WELL if I do say so myself :-)

4/03/85 - Requested this for years. I simply want to see Spandau Ballet actually host the show and would love to see how the girls react when they are hosting!
This also features Pookah Makes Three which NEEDS to be shown on TV at least once more time.

13/10/1985 - Hosted by Lin Buckfield Studio performance from Electric Pandas with "Italian Boys" :-) PLUS video's from Maureen Steele with "Boys Will Be Boys" (BRILLLLIANT TRACK, I WANT) plus the video for 'Endless Road" from Time Bandits

10/11/1985 - Hosted by Tina and Leon from Koo De Tah :-) * Video's from: Koo De Tah (Body Talk), Flotsam Jetsam (100% One Second Love) Plus Dropbears in Humdrum with 2 video's...

The 3 1985 episodes that I have wanted for the longest all got played this year - Midge Ure, Time Bandits and Sept 1. But there are certainly a few more I would like to see.

1 14/4/85 hosted by Tom Carroll. Mental As Anything and Dynamic Hepnotics live plus rare clips from The Promise - Walking With A Weight (which I had long requested for Wildcards), Guy McDonough, Autograph and Teena Marie.

2 7/4/1985 Cats Under Pressure (David Reyne's band after Takeaways) perform Let Me Be live which I have never seen since. Also Lyn Buckfield/James Reyne clip for R.O.C.K. Rock which I have never seen in full since then either. Clips from King, Stephen Duffy, Nik Kershaw, Kids In The Kitchen, Dragon, Mental As Anything, Models etc.

3 10/11/85 hosted Koo De Tah. Mainly to see them host but also their clip plus rare Do Re Mi and Flotsam Jetsam clips.

Apologies to Lyn Buckfield, Spandau, Rockhampton and a couple of others.

Has anyone noticed, over the years, that rage has shown the first episode of all the Countdown years, except for the first episode of 1985? OK, so it's not the greatest episode, but it's still has to be played to make it complete. Could be good with Kate co-hosting!?!? I did put this to rage a few years back on their original messageboard. BTW - who is Ian Cox?

Year: 1985
Date: 10/02/1985
Show no: 449
Summary: THIS SHOW WAS HOSTED BY KATE CEBERANO AND IAN COX, MOLLY INTRODUCED A NEW SEGMENT IN HUMDRUM - THE
AUSTRALIAN SINGLE TOP 5 TOP TEN ITEMS:
I'M TALKING 'TRUST ME'
MURRAY HEAD 'ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK' (EXCERPT)
COREY HART 'IT AIN'T ENOUGH' (EXCERPT)
NIK KERSHAW 'THE RIDDLE' (EXCERPT)
POINTER SISTERS 'NEUTRON DANCE'
BRYAN ADAMS 'RUN TO YOU'
THE ANGELS 'LOOK THE OTHER WAY'
TEARS FOR FEARS 'SHOUT'
BILLY OCEAN 'LOVERBOY'
DON HENLEY 'BOYS OF SUMMER'
BAILEY/COLLINS 'EASY LOVER' (EXCERPT)
JIMMY BARNES 'DAYLIGHT'
CULTURE CLUB 'MISTAKE NO.3'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
STYLE COUNCIL 'SHOUT TO THE TOP'
OAKEY/MORODER 'TOGETHER IN ELECTRIC DREAMS'
NIK KERSHAW 'THE RIDDLE'
PAT BENATAR 'WE BELONG'
EURYTHMICS 'SEXCRIME (1984)'
FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD 'POWER OF LOVE'
MADONNA 'LIKE A VIRGIN'
WHAM 'LAST CHRISTMAS'
BAND AID PROJECT 'DO THEY KNOW IT'S XMAS?'
FOREIGNER 'I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS'

I remember you requesting that episode, it was around the same time I was proposing the Christmas Countdowns so would have been 3-4 years ago.

Ian Cox played sax for I'm Talking. He had been in Essendon Airport, Equal Local and Hot Half Hour before joining I'm Talking.

I want 10/02/1985 as it was the premiere of Culture Club's 'Mistake No.o3'

HEAVEN...

Jason
Did you want to put the 10/2/85 episode into your 3 nominated episodes? If so can you re-submit your top 3 for 1985 in order as I want to start making a running tally to date for each year.

When I tally them a first selection is 3 points, 2nd selection 2 points and 3rd 1 point which is why I need to know where you rate 10/2/85.

If people have only put in one selection that will count as a 3 point.

I like the 10/02/1985 but sticking to the 3 I voted for as I love them much more!

Hi Bob,
I was the Keyboard Player in The Promise all those years ago, someone sent me a link to this. Years ago I transfered our old clips from a pretty dodgy VHS I had and they found their way onto Youtube, here's one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq6N9uVkcas

I've been living in Germany for years, would have loved to see the old Countdown/Rage shows from back then.....

Nice to know someone wants to see that stuff. Take it easy.
Mark

Mark
Hi Bob,
I was the Keyboard Player in The Promise all those years ago, someone sent me a link to this. Years ago I transfered our old clips from a pretty dodgy VHS I had and they found their way onto Youtube, here's one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq6N9uVkcas

I've been living in Germany for years, would have loved to see the old Countdown/Rage shows from back then.....

Nice to know someone wants to see that stuff. Take it easy.
Mark

Hi Mark
I had seen all of your clips from The Promise that Kerry has up on YouTube. A couple of years back I got a friend to rip them for me although I think the channel was called hanahaji then. I liked the live on Queensland TV one.

I've just checked out that channel again and there are 3 more clips now uploaded - performing live on Hey Hey, performing on A Country Practice with Bob Hawke and a live clip. I'll have to get those ripped as well.

We actually got to see you guys on Countdown last year when Rage repeated the episode which featured your clip in the episode I had asked for.

If you are interested in a copy of that Countdown episode let me know.

Here's one of my most played singles.

Photobucket

Got the album as well but my scanner is not big enough to do the whole thing. Pity it didn't get released until 1987 as it would have done better in 1985.

Photobucket

You got your picture on the inside sleeve.

Photobucket

april 14

june 16

24 november

My internet is painfully slow so to check the archives would take forever. So does anyone know if Happy People by FAB was ever played on Countdown? FAB were an Adelaide band and the song was a minor hit in Adelaide in 1985.

JASE
april 14

june 16

24 november

My internet is painfully slow so to check the archives would take forever. So does anyone know if Happy People by FAB was ever played on Countdown? FAB were an Adelaide band and the song was a minor hit in Adelaide in 1985.

Jase
FAB performed Happy People live on the July 7 episode which has not been shown on Rage. I don't think the clip was ever played. I have a copy of the clip recorded from an episode of Sounds.

Thanks Guru. I also have a copy of the clip from Top 40 Video. Sadly it's not in good shape. Hopefully the July 7 show will get a run in the not too distant future

My request for 1985 Countdowns because I was born in 1985 were:
460 April 28 1985 Ben (teenager)because I wonder what happens to him now after guest hosting Countdown.
469 July 7 1985 Angry Anderson because of promoting his acting work of Ironbar in Mad Max:Beyond Thunderdome with Mel Gibson, Tina Turner, Frank Thring and Bruce Spence.
476 August 25 1985 Vince Sorrenti, James Reyne and Martha Davis
482 October 6 1985 Molly (from Rockhampton)because of Daryl Somers appeared on it again, doing guest-hosting Humdrum and perform his song produced by Brian Cadd, don't you think he's a good singer? He's only an entertainer while hosting Hey Hey It's Saturday, The Daryl and Ossie Show, Family Feud, New Faces and Dancing With The Stars and
December 29 1985 Summer Show No 1

I may investigate holding another full poll after Retro season as it has been successful for Countdown episodes. This thread is actually 2 years old and some of the suggestions made have been played, as goes for all the other years as well.

G'day Bob
Was guitarist of Lecky Pandas back into 80's dont suppose you have copy of countdown episode 13th Oct 1985 ???
loved going through your amazing archive info!!!! Such amazing memories!!!
Wacca

Wacca
G'day Bob
Was guitarist of Lecky Pandas back into 80's dont suppose you have copy of countdown episode 13th Oct 1985 ???
loved going through your amazing archive info!!!! Such amazing memories!!!
Wacca

Hello, I presume you are Craig

Unfortunately that episode hasn't been aired on Rage yet so I don't have it nor do I know of anyone having it. I certainly saw that episode at the time but unless Rage repeat it, it will only be a memory.

It's not my archive info as this site was created by and is run by Jason - I just post here from time to time.

Did anyone watch the 'Earth, Wind & Fire' special on rage this morning? I didn't but am curious, going by their playlist, they mention two interviews on Countdown from 15/10/1985. This date doesn't exist in the archives and was wondering if rage got the date wrong and what episode it was actually from and if rage have played that Countdown episode.

They also mention one from 15/12/1979. I assume it was an interview lifted from Countdown Ends The Decade?