Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage retro 5 morning show!

WOW,

This morning was SOOOO enjoyable!

The Alvin Stardust and David Essex video's were SO joyous to watch and listen to, YAY!

And Sparks was HOT as was seeing Pseudo Echo's "A Beat For You" on rage. Of course I have this video BUT it was nice to see something different from my lovely Pseudo :-)

Loved how Simple Minds directly followed as well, just so STUNNING!

And let's NOT forget Melissa Manchester, how utterly HEAVENLY BLISS! ... WOW * WOW * WOW

Re: rage retro 5 morning show!

I like 'Promised You a Miracle', but it's been on rage twice in the last 4 years (not including the current airing). The rest of the hour was great, but I don't see why they feel the need to repeat clips like this that have been aired (relatively) recently during retro month.

I suspect someone at Rage is a Simple Minds fan. Glittering Prize aired last Wildcard, and twice on Countdown during retro month 2010. Going by their retro/Countdown selection over the last few years, I think it's safe to say that they also love The Reels and Elton John (!).

'Twas a bit odd watching the Countdown dancers performance of Paul Lekakis's song, with Man 2 Man's 'Male Stripper' playing as the title screened. Why can't Rage access the proper video? Video Hits and Channel V have it in their libraries.

Yes this morning was great. The first time in retro month that I have sat down in front of the telly on Saturday morning. (i'm usually doing something else during retro hour and have the TV on in the background). Melissa Manchester kicked ass -what a way to start retro hour! I do find it a bit strange when a handful of retro clips also air around 9am, but the more the better! - just means I have to get up earlier to hit the record button.

Was it really worth it showing the Countdown audience dance to Male Stripper/Boom Boom? I managed to get the promo video of Boom Boom off Max.

Does anyone remember when Max were playing your favourite 80's compilation tapes? It was a few years ago and for the whole weekend, they would select an 80's comp and play as many of the videos they had from it. It was clever thinking from the staff at Max. They usually didn't have all the videos and on average would play about 9 from selected compilations. I think that's how I got 'Boom Boom' when they featured videos from '87 Right On Track'.

Michael

Was it really worth it showing the Countdown audience dance to Male Stripper/Boom Boom? I managed to get the promo video of Boom Boom off Max.

Does anyone remember when Max were playing your favourite 80's compilation tapes? It was a few years ago and for the whole weekend, they would select an 80's comp and play as many of the videos they had from it. It was clever thinking from the staff at Max. They usually didn't have all the videos and on average would play about 9 from selected compilations. I think that's how I got 'Boom Boom' when they featured videos from '87 Right On Track'.

Michael Bow's 'Love and Devotion' didn't have a video, did it? I remember reading in the liner notes of Smash Hits '87 (the album) that Michael was 'so mysterious' that nobody had even seen a picture of him . I think all they knew about him was that he was a kickboxer from Brussels (? going by memory here). They had a yellow oblong in place of where his photo would otherwise have been.

I'm pretty sure there was no video. Never saw one on Countdown in '87. I remember the Countdown dancers/audience members dancing to this as well - probably because there was no video clip.

You're not getting Michael Bow mixed up with Jean Claude Van Damme?

Yes Jason,
Wasn't it great?
Especially liked the Sweet, David Essex and Alvin Stardust clips.
How gorgeous was David back then! Such amazing, twinkling blue eyes and eyelashes to die for !

Was hoping they may play David's "Gonna Make You a Star" and Alvin's "My Coocachoo" but it was still interesting seeing these lesser known clips.

Would have loved to see some early Sweet clips, (in all their Glam glory), circa "Wig Wam Bam","Teenage Rampage" or "Blockbuster" but could well be Rage don't have them in their library...

Michael

You're not getting Michael Bow mixed up with Jean Claude Van Damme?

Definitely not. I'd only heard of Van Damme in '92, some years later, when a guy in my form at high school idolised him.