Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rare YouTube clips

Before Christmas I had the opportunity to transfer about 30 videos to DVD for a lady who had taped music off TV in the mid 80's.

She is starting to upload material from there to her YouTube channel. If anyone is interested in some Sounds interviews etc there should be some interesting ones up soon. Her channel is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AtomicBlonde666

Re: Rare YouTube clips

Absolute BLISS!

WOW... so this is the girl who has all these GEMS you have been able to obtain!

SOOOO utterly jealous ... The Corey Hart and Pseudo Echo on SOUNDS interviews are just pure heaven, heaven and MORE heaven!

I have several interviews I taped from Sounds and Sound Unlimited in the 1980s. The Johnnys, George Thorogood, The Cockroaches, Australian Crawl as well as miming routines done by Sounds fans for Kamahl, Chrissie Amphlett and a few others. Also two full episodes from 1985 and 1986. In 2005 I put most of it onto a series of DVDs I sent to someone named Troy who is collecting rare material from the 1970s and '80s. I've jibbed at putting them up on YouTube because I've already had two red copyright strikes against me and one more will see my account deleted.

The best way to get around youtube copyright infringement strikes is to create multiple accounts - though be sure to use a different email address for every one when registering them. You can easily open new 'fake' email accounts through yahoo etc. With my second channel ban in 2009, I lost over 440 videos in one foul swoop - and have been slowly re-uploading most of them to one of my 12 (and growing) newer accounts. That way, if one of them gets wiped, I won't lose the whole lot again, only about 20 videos.

At John,

Any way I can buy the 2 full 1985 and 1986 episodes of SOUNDS from you????

ohnoitisnathan
The best way to get around youtube copyright infringement strikes is to create multiple accounts - though be sure to use a different email address for every one when registering them. You can easily open new 'fake' email accounts through yahoo etc. With my second channel ban in 2009, I lost over 440 videos in one foul swoop - and have been slowly re-uploading most of them to one of my 12 (and growing) newer accounts. That way, if one of them gets wiped, I won't lose the whole lot again, only about 20 videos.

I will be doing your way this time mate, I just lost 300 videos again for the second time. Already created my next channel.

To John: What is your youtube channel address, I would love to have a look at anything you have on there? Thankyou

Lee!

I checked my You Tube favourite's yesterday and noticed a HEAP of video's missing and they were all from your channel.

I knew they would close you down sooner or later. When I clicked on your name it looked like you got striked because of ONE entertainment company. So was it because of one video clip?

It has been done to me several times, so now I only have my main channel thenouveauxdecadence and countdownmemories

Lee

I will be doing your way this time mate, I just lost 300 videos again for the second time.

Fu¢k! That sucks. I always save my uploaded videos from youtube as .flv files, which are of a smaller size than the original .vob files... but then I have re-uploaded everything in .vob again in case youtube improves its quality in future - so the videos will be in higher resolution.

The only downside of having multiple channels is that each one has much fewer views than my previous channel, which I think had over 5 million views before it was pulled. You can link all of your channels on each account's channel page by selecting this option in the page set-up settings.

I originally considered uploading just 2 videos to each channel - that way, no channel can be pulled as you can't get 3 strikes on any one channel this way. But I decided to go with 20 each, though a few of them have more. If I did go with the 2 videos per channel option, it would take forever to log in to each of them to check comments/messages etc. It's arduous enough with 'only' 12 channels.

So far, my strategy has worked. I have just one strike on one of my channels. Oddly enough, it was for a video (Alannah Myles' 'Song Instead of a Kiss') that was allowed on youtube for several months before being pulled, and another lower quality copy had been on youtube for 4 years - it was also pulled when mine was . Stupid record companies; I don't think they will ever learn.

To help with 'brand recognition', I include the base name of every channel, 'ohnoitisnathan' in each video's tags, so viewers can still locate all of my videos through the search engine, though I don't think anyone does

Lee
Sorry to hear you have been closed down again. As soon as I saw you uploading a lot of famous overseas artists I was worried that you would draw unwelcome attention to yourself.

To this stage I had only been threatened once and decided to remove all possible offending clips. I only have really obscure Australian clips now and as no record companies in Australia actually seem to care about Australian music from that era I have not been hassled since.

The whole purpose for me of having a YouTube channel is making obscure music available and hopefully getting in contact with other people who have similar material. The videos I copied to DVD for AtmoicBlonde666 I got as a result of my YouTube channel and a clip I made up for No Nonsense - Simple Needs. Turned out she was also a No Nonsense fan. If I only had well known clips uploaded that would never have happened.

Obscure clips are far more likely to lead to finding new material as well. A clip may only get 100 views in a year but you know that whoever was looking would have had to been a real fan. Uploading popular clips may get you 1 Million views but won't get you leads for new material and if anything is likely to attract the attention of those that wish to shut you down so I have never seen any purpose to that. It also attracts a lot of bogans who leave useless comments which fill up my email section.

I also have a football channel (sorry to mention footy Jason and Patrick) with 80's broadcasts and that has been far more successful in finding footage than my music channel. Footy footage also got dumped by TV stations, just like music, and some is hard to find now. Channel 9 used one of my clips on The Footy Show and Channel 7 asked me if they could use one as well (which was nice considering they actually own the copyright even if they no longer have the footage).

Unlike Record companies who want to close music channels down, TV stations are actually quite happy to have it there as they see it as a resource they can use if they know you have material that they don't.

I doubt I will be uploading much more in future. As soon as you teach me how to rip clips from YouTube I will do that to fill gaps in my collection and cease the clip trading game.

I have made some 'interesting' contacts through my youtube channels. I got a message from Tracey (the blonde one) from Voice of the Beehive, and sent her a copy of their videos in 2009, as she didn't have copies. She tried to track down their 'Angel Come Down' video from 1995 for me as a thank you, but I guess couldn't find it in the end. I've also received messages from band members from Pendulum (the Oz 90s ambient house group, who released 'Coma' - interestingly the band member had never seen the final product of the video, and said it was put together by a year 12 student; I sent him a copy of the clip on DVD), and Cactus Child (mid 90s Oz folk-pop group - who also hadn't seen the finished product for their 'Come On Closer' video).

I'm always a bit surprised when artists don't have/keep copies of their own clips, or haven't even seen them.

I also exchanged a handful of messages with Yazz in 2008. She was going to send me a copy of the 'Good Thing Going' video (the only one I didn't have at the time), but didn't follow through. I got hold of it via other means late last year anyway, luckily.

One or 2 other artists have commented on their videos that I have uploaded, too. I've also made some 'useful' music video trading contacts

Like guru, the main purpose of my youtube channels is to upload obscure-ish videos, or those that aren't already on youtube, for exposure; or better copies of clips that have been uploaded by others.

Just clicked on Lee's old channel:

YouTube account Aussiebattlersvideos has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

* Marcus Gabler

Who is Marcus Gabler?

ohnoitisnathan
Just clicked on Lee's old channel:

YouTube account Aussiebattlersvideos has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

* Marcus Gabler

Who is Marcus Gabler?

Hi Guys

Thankyou everybody for your sympathies, don't worry I will be back.

For your info Nathan, Marcus Gabler is the lead singer of a band from the 80's called "Okay". They did a really good song called Wild Wild Western, they were probably a one hit wonder, and I thought it was obscure enough to get me through. Here is the video on youtube if anybody is interested. The other 2 strikes was Marilyns - Calling Your Name (Laser Disc Rip) and Calling Your Name (Bananas TV Show performance), which was brilliant.

Lee

For your info Nathan, Marcus Gabler is the lead singer of a band from the 80's called "Okay". They did a really good song called Wild Wild Western, they were probably a one hit wonder, and I thought it was obscure enough to get me through.

I'd never heard of this before... 'twas quite... interesting

You have to wonder what the singer's problem with your video was. He could have at least messaged you, asking to take it down if he had such a problem with it.

ohnoitisnathan
Lee

You have to wonder what the singer's problem with your video was. He could have at least messaged you, asking to take it down if he had such a problem with it.

I have to say that it is SO rude that an obscure lead singer from a band would put in a complaint!

Wouldn't he be happy that someone in the world actually cares about any of the material they recorded?

Copyright these days is just so ridiculously OUT OF CONTROL, it's completely pathetic!

At least Prince video's are FINALLY allowed on You Tube.

My last channel got shut down because of Marilyn video's and performances!... Even Marilyn wasn't advises why, it's so embarrassing that these things happen, dear me ...