Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12/07/1981

12th July, 1981 KILLLLLLLLLLLED me!

THE best Epsiode I have seen this whole month. I am SOOOO glad I requested it and that rage played it, I have to say that I chose so WELL when it came to this episode.

It was absolutely beautiful I could just cry +

I have looked at this episode on paper for so long wondering what Dugites "Waiting" video would be like AND it is BEYOND immaculate ***** WOW WOW WOW!

Re: 12/07/1981

A great episode and one I had also been after for a while. As the copy I have just burnt off only runs for around 48 minutes, something has obviously been removed - anything besides George Harrison's "All Those Years Ago" clip?

Brett, we must have been writing at the same time as I also just mentioned George Harrison on a new post. I have spent the last half hour going through it and could not see anything else amiss.

The Bangladesh concert is about 30 seconds short of it's listed run time so they may have removed the Jon English hosting bit as it doesn't seem to have a proper start. Not sure though.

Just finished watching all the Countdowns.

Yes I agree the 12/7/81 ep was fantastic. Loved the Dugites single Waiting - great song and clip. I also loved the very end with the audience dancing to Stars on 45 - some of the dancers were wearing very 'interesting' attire.

Back to the George Harrison single - while I understand why it was cut, I was confused to see it appear briefly in the Top 10. Shouldn't even that small bit been cut as well since it used a partial segment of George Harrison's vocals - or doesn't the copyright issue extend to partial snippets?

I also noticed The Nolans finally made an appearance on Countdown during Rage Retro. I don't ever recall them ever appearing on any Countdowns aired during Rage - maybe someone at Rage doesn't like The Nolans?

Molly at Mt Buller was great - never knew he could ski so well !

In any case was a great episode to ask for so well done to Jason for choosing it.

rage should have started with this episode as though the 1985's were good, they are dull in comparison to 1981 / 1982 Countdowns.

The effect on the end of the Dugites "Waiting" video with the pixelation was just STUNNING!!!!!!!

I tell ya Jason, you have to contact Lynda Nutter somehow/somewhere and interview her - preferably on video. Would she be living in Perth/WA? If so, that may be difficult for you and a phone interview would be the way to go.

So why did the intro of Countdown on this episode have the Police playing over it?

My guess is that Rage did this. The clip that they cut was probably mentioned in the intro so they had to cover it somehow.

Ahhhhhhh,

I did think it was weird that Police was playing over the Countdown theme and didn't really like it. It NOW makes PERFECT sense!

It would have mentioned George Harrison! ...

Jason "The Moderator"

THE best Epsiode I have seen this whole month. I am SOOOO glad I requested it and that rage played it, I have to say that I chose so WELL when it came to this episode.

I have looked at this episode on paper for so long wondering what Dugites "Waiting" video would be like AND it is BEYOND immaculate ***** WOW WOW WOW!

One of the great shames on Aussie Music is the lack of success bands like the Dugites had.

They had some great songs, yet radio and the buying public just didn't take to them for some reason. I only have rediscovered them via the Countdown repeats of the past two decades. I pretty much ignored them back in the early 80s, as did most of my School mates.

Stephen
Jason "The Moderator"

One of the great shames on Aussie Music is the lack of success bands like the Dugites had.

They had some great songs, yet radio and the buying public just didn't take to them for some reason. I only have rediscovered them via the Countdown repeats of the past two decades. I pretty much ignored them back in the early 80s, as did most of my School mates.

The Dugites were a very underated band. When 'waiting' came out, i liked it alot, but my friends hated it. I ended up buying their albums because of that song. I will have to dig out their Best of CD and give it a listen.

Michael
I tell ya Jason, you have to contact Lynda Nutter somehow/somewhere and interview her - preferably on video. Would she be living in Perth/WA? If so, that may be difficult for you and a phone interview would be the way to go.

Hey Michael,

Interestign you should say that as I have tried my hardest to locate Lynda Nutter over the years as I would LOVE to interview her being a Dugites fan :-)

I found a website today where you can actually book Lynda Nutter.... I am sure I tried this website a few years ago as it seems so familiar but didn't get a response so I tried again. If they can get her to agree to an interview I shall physically fly to Perth for the interview. That I can promise!

This is the site:

http://www.solotosymphony.net/artists/nutter/?Artists[alpha][LastName]=N