Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Break in transmission! WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intro to rage and Cold Chisel concert says "Break in transmission" ?????

Okay, it's back :-) If this happens during Countdown I will literally kill myself ...

Re: Break in transmission! WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

And another stuffup from mediahub.. gees.. and just before it starts we get the tape ident of the chisel gig telling us proudly its an ecv production recorded 19/6/80 duration 36:25.. bad cueing guys.. lol

Rage went to air a minute early than scheduled.. looks like this put the systems into a frenzy

i love chisel and it just ruined a recording that i will probably never see again. i have my fingers crossed it doesnt happen through countdown

So Media Hub does crap like this just because rage started a little early?

WOW, that now makes sense. Just terrible, SERIOUSLY!

Shayne, lucky it didn't cut to much off Cold Chisel!

If this happens during Countdown I will seriously be SICK as I have been waiting for these certain episodes for fricking ages!

Nothing was missed except the prestwich obit shayne, happy to send you a copy if it didnt work out at your end

Chisel fan here too, and not happy with ABC.

Big stuffup at the start.

Better not happen throughout the night.

Storms and rain here in Canberra.

It sucks Jason, it really does. Everything is fed into this on air computerised playback system and when i saw the abc1 ident at 11.55 i thought oh god, there'll be trouble here as theyve scheduled for an 11.57 start.. no steve prestwich obit, abc1 breakdown slide, tape ident of chisel gig, then chisel gig.. you know what was ironic? that **** watermark worked through the break in transmission! aaaaaaaa..

Well i hope nothing was missed anyway.. if its 36:25 long it should take us to 12.33am.. if it doesnt and its run shorter man will i be ******

im in canberra and it played the first 30 seconds of cheap wine with that stupid abc logo. then cut to chisel. if it happens again im gonna spam there facebook page and whinge like a child

this is the second retro month it has rained here. week one telstra tower was struck by lightning so we missed everything up to 1.30am. bad weather poor programing with the exception of tonight makes this the worst retro and its only my 8th

Steve Prestwich obit played but went to 16:9 cutting off steve's name into teve prestwi, and bom bom by daddy cool playing now which wasnt even in the rage playlist.. wonder if this was filler for the early start.. theyre now running to the timings i listed in another thread

I will have to check the start in the morning, I missed seeing it as I just got up but am recording on 2 separate HDD's - the weather's fine in Melbourne thank god.
What was that Daddy Cool song doing there just before 6 o'clock Rock?
Was that the US version of LRB - Playing To Win? I thought the Australian version was the Indiana Jones type version where he steals the mask and is haunted by it.
Loving 6 o'clock Rock, how quaint is that?

Try YouTube and search for Playing To Win promo video to see whether could it be an Australian version, the US version or both.

I had originally gotten this LRB clip off a US Telegenics tape so I had assumed it was the US version, but Rage had taken this from an episode of Countdown so it must also have been released in Australia in this version. I knew it had been played on Countdown but couldn't remember the clip anymore.

It was shown twice on Countdown, Feb 24 1985 hosted by Brian Mannix and March 17 1985 hosted by Time Bandits. Maybe it was a repackaged clip as the song was originally released late in 1984 but didn't make the Top 100 until Countdown played it and Channel 7 used it as a promo. I can only assume that the Indiana Jones/Mask clip was done late in 1984 and was also an Australian version but as it didn't chart then it was re-done. Personally I liked the version that Channel 7 made for it's VFL football promo in early March 1985, of which I put a copy on YouTube (I know I won't win any friends for mentioning football here).

All I saw on the HDD version which I was taping and watching at the same time was a momentary blank screen (straight after the usual classification Warning screen) - then 90 seconds of ABC 1's "Break In Transmission" screen, then around 10 seconds of Cold Chisel audio with the same screen before finally cutting to the live show. Definitely no tape idents or intro on my version - very strange. I think only viewers outside Melbourne got to see that tape ident.

I think that Daddy Cool clip that was not in the playlist was a "filler" as the schedule was slightly ahead of time till then. They probably do this all the time and we never usually get to see the extra clip.

Guru Bob
I had originally gotten this LRB clip off a US Telegenics tape so I had assumed it was the US version, but Rage had taken this from an episode of Countdown so it must also have been released in Australia in this version. I knew it had been played on Countdown but couldn't remember the clip anymore.

It was shown twice on Countdown, Feb 24 1985 hosted by Brian Mannix and March 17 1985 hosted by Time Bandits. Maybe it was a repackaged clip as the song was originally released late in 1984 but didn't make the Top 100 until Countdown played it and Channel 7 used it as a promo. I can only assume that the Indiana Jones/Mask clip was done late in 1984 and was also an Australian version but as it didn't chart then it was re-done. Personally I liked the version that Channel 7 made for it's VFL football promo in early March 1985, of which I put a copy on YouTube (I know I won't win any friends for mentioning football here).

Not at all, I love my football and will check out your Youtube clip. GO Pies

In Adelaide there was the tape id at the start of Cold Chisel but it seemed to end very abruptly. After chaptering on the HDD it goes for 36:18 which included the stuff up at the start so it seems about 30 seconds or so is missing at the end. Grrr.

PLEASE noooooo F**tball! YUK!

Guys,

This is what we saw in Sydney prior to the Cold Chisel concert and just after the breakdown slides.