Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mi Sex - Falling In And Out

Falling In And Out is a really rare clip that Rage will be showing on Saturday morning. 2 years ago on Retro they showed another rare Mi-Sex clip with Shanghaid.

I wonder how much more rare footage they have from Mi-Sex. I hope they play it if they do have more.

A nice little highlight on Saturday morning.

Re: Mi Sex - Falling In And Out

Guru Bob
Falling In And Out is a really rare clip that Rage will be showing on Saturday morning. 2 years ago on Retro they showed another rare Mi-Sex clip with Shanghaid.

I wonder how much more rare footage they have from Mi-Sex. I hope they play it if they do have more.

A nice little highlight on Saturday morning.

Absolutely stunning to see rare Mi Sex on this week's Saturday morning show and yes, here's hoping for more

I to was VERY thrilled when I saw this on the Saturday morning Playlist... BUT I am NOT going to get to excited as it could be the Countdown performance.

I HOPE so BADLY that it's the video, how AMAZING would that be? !!! :-) *

Is this Mi-Sex song is a promo video or Countdown performance?

Unfortunately it doesn't say if it is clip or live but I am hopeful that, like 2 years ago with Shanghaid, it is the clip. Normally if it is the Countdown performance it will have (Rage) or (ABC) in brackets but it has (CBS) which was their record company.

Either way I don't have the full clip or full live Countdown performance, I just have a few excerpts that were shown on Countdown 24/5/81 and 21/6/81.

They performed it live on Countdown 10/5/81 on the episode that Sheena Easton hosted which is one I have been requesting that I would like to see. The clip was shown in full on the 7/6/81 episode hosted by Broderick Smith and that has never been shown either.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow morning. I am expecting the clip but will be happy with either. This week is really going to be one of the best Retro's that I have seen.

It's only minutes away...crossing my fingers for the promo

And "YES" you...

It was indeed the promo and how utterly delightful!

What a f u c k i n g amazing find from rage.

If it were up to me Mi Sex would have a DVD out with all their video's. Mi Sex KILL me, so KICK A S S ...

The Prophet 5 synth in this track ruins me. BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Definitely the promo, never thought I would see this.

I wonder if Rage have access to the promo clips for:
People
Space Race
It Only Hurts When I'm Laughing
Missing Person
Down The Line
Lost Time
5 o'clock In The Morning (snippet shown on Countdown 1/7/84)

The only promo clips I have from them are:
But You Don't Care
Computer Games
Falling In And Out (as of 1 hour ago)
Shanghaid
Castaway (thanks to CJ)
Only Thinking
Blue Day

A pity that they never did a video compilation release for them.

I have 10 different live performances that they did on Countdown along with their Space Race Nightmoves concert but would love to get all their clips.

Guru Bob
Definitely the promo, never thought I would see this.

When it was played on rage this morning I suddenly remembered where I had seen a bit of this video on. I saw a tiny little bit on a music program that Bob Downe did on Channel 10 back in 2000. Bob had a 3 or 4 part series every Sunday night for a month looking back at music and fashion from the 70s and 80s and someone from Mi Sex was interviewed. And they showed a few seconds of the clip for "Falling In And Out". I remember being so desperate for them to play more and now realise today that it was "Falling In And Out". it was so long ago that I forgot! Least rage have now played 2 RARE Mi Sex video's :-)*****

Jason
I have that clip from Fabulous, Famous & Forgotten too, I have the whole episode. Bob Downe is a classic. He was funny in The Globos and great when he hosted Countdown. He has his own YouTube channel with a lot of his TV material from over the years.

I recorded FF&F and an episode of Happening 70's over Powderfinger guest programming Rage 10/11/2001 (although I still have 2.5 hours of that but who wants Powderfinger) so it may have aired around Christmas 2001

Just amazing to see it this morning, thankfully another uber rare gem saved from rotting in the vaults and disappearing for all time...I wonder how many more Mi Sex actual promo vids there were...

Truly excellent that RAGE dug this one out

do you still have that episode? i have been scouring the net but to no avail. i remember taping it off tv 📺
🙏🏽