Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage retro time 4/extra time

It's quite interesting that rage starts at 11:55 and there are 3 Countdown's which would set the time to about 2:45 to 2:50 am.

Then a Rock Arena for say 1 hour and a Cold Chisel concert say for an hour. That will then bring the time to about 4:40 am.

rage finishes at 6:30 am!... That's like a whole 1 hour and 50 minutes there IF the Cold Chisel and 1975 concert go for an hour each!

I wonder what they will fill the time up with ? Hmmmmm? ... Very curious INDEED!

I think in this time they should at least play ONE Countdown Revolution for the fans of 1987 to 1990. It;'s weird that they can't just play one half hour episode. They seem to cover 70s Early to mid 80s and then vile late 90s BUT ignore the mid to late 80s which is rather odd I think... The mind boggles!

Re: rage retro time 4/extra time

I wonder which Sam Fox clip they're playing this Saturday morning. I hope it's 'Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)' as some of us have been requesting. Got it already, but kind of funny to see it/her on Rage. It's hard to believe they didn't have ANY Sam Fox in their library a mere year ago. Whoever chose which videos were culled around 1995 must have really hated pop.

As for the extra time, I don't mind *too* much if Rage air a small amount of videos in between Countdown etc. episodes on Saturday night. But only if it's an artist I like! So far, it hasn't really been this year...

"Do Ya, Do Ya" is my FAV Sam Fox track PERIOD. I fricking adore it. I have a few mixes of it on vinyl.

I have the Sam Fox video collection with most of the video's on it and the other one with "Love House" and "Naughty Girls" 12"... video's :-)

They certainly should play at least 1 Countdown Revolution ep - I'm very confused as to why none have been shown for ages.

Then again none of the other shows like Beatbox, The Factory, etc haven't been shown either - which again something Rage must seriously consider for next year.

All of that makes one wish for a digital channel devoted to classic music/variety shows - one can only live in hope it happens one day....

Yeah, I gotta say I'm a bit mystified at the lack of Beatbox. I can only guess that this was live to air just like Rage is in the sense it's not a self-contained pre-recorded show.

Still though, a great weekend coming up and kudos to you guys for making it happen :-) Very nice work!

If it's the Cold Chisel concert that I'm thinking it is then it only runs for 36 minutes but they may add a bit more as a tribute to Steve Prestwich as he wrote some of their later hits as well.

Here is the list for tomorrow night.

4 unrepeated Countdowns! The one that was dropped last week is now in this weeks.

Although it seems the dates for the Dec 85 and July 81 eps have been entered incorrectly.

Can't complain about tomorrow night at all - Rage has got it right for the first time this year - well done!

23:57pm
OBIT Steve Prestwich (Rage)
COLD CHISEL Live at Manly Vale Hotel, 1980 (ABC)
COLD CHISEL Forever Now (WEA)
COLD CHISEL Flame Trees (Warner)
LRB Playing To Win (Capitol)
SIX O'CLOCK ROCK December 10th, 1960 (ABC)

1:00am
COUNTDOWN December 20th 1981 (Rage)
COUNTDOWN September 1st, 1985 (ABC)
COUNTDOWN December 12th, 1985 (ABC)
COUNTDOWN July 7th, 1981 (ABC)

4:30am
THE BIG ROCK CONCERT - ROCK ARENA Concert For Bangladesh, April

...and Sam Fox's 'Do Ya'

What?

Does the 1975 concert run for 2 hours????

OH WOW< just noticed! 4 Countdown's??????????

Great to see the 4th Countdown from last week also included in this weeks lineup.

And The Johnny O'Keefe-hosted Six O'Clock Rock - I cannot believe they are showing their one episode held of this ancient artifact!! Should make for very interesting viewing - over 50 years old TV!!

Jason "The Moderator"
What?

I think the playlist run times are way out again - if the 4 Countdowns start at 1.00am they will not finish till around 4.45 or 4.50am anyway

The dates entered would have to be wrong as they are not episode dates. That's a fantastic line up, great that they are concentrating on Countdown - which is everyone's favourite - and then adding other material.

That must be one of the only 2 surviving episodes of 6 o'clock Rock shows. I was told there were only 2 but wouldn't know for certain - Brett is my guide for all things 60's.

Superb lot of Countdowns that I am really looking forward to.

Jason "The Moderator"
What?

Jason,
I know I am kind of boring and therefore you probably don't read what I post here but I had put up the listings of both the Cold Chisel concert (which is 36 minutes) and the Bangladesh 1975 show (which is 92 minutes) unless either have been edited in any way. The start times that Rage list are all over the shop anyhow so you can't really go by that. The Bangladesh concert would probably be close to a 5am start - which would be in line with what Brett said with the last Countdown finishing about 4:50.

No Guru,

Quite the opposite ... I read ALL your posts. You are a LEGEND!

:-)

This weekends retro 4 is just what we all want. Totally perfect!

Certainly something for everyone tomorrow night - which is great.

Countdowns sound fantastic and even Cold Chisel fans should be satisfied. When they apply themselves Rage can do a great job - they just need to maximise the vast array of archival material at their disposal to their advantage.

Well done to those who requested tomorrow nights episodes - I'm sure we'll all be eagerly watching and writing about it all on Sunday morning!!

Jason, very happy for you re: Sam Fox! :)

Can I just offer my thanks and appreciation to Jason and all that expressed their frustrations about last week's programming on the Rage facebook and/or the message board? It seems to have had a hell of an effect and we now have FOUR Countdown's among the other stuff this weekend! :-)

Well done team! I'm excited! :-)