Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Sunnyboys on countdown

hey guys i'm just wondering how many times jeremy oxley and the sunnyboys were on countdown

Re: The Sunnyboys on countdown

I know they did Alone With You, No Love Around and You Need A Friend.

They were a great band for the few years that they were around 1981-84 with other tracks such as Happy Man, Comes As No Surprise, Show Me Some Discipline, Love In A Box etc. I also liked Too Young To Despair when they reformed in the late 80's.

guru they are in my eyes one of a kind. too young too despair is the pick from wildcat. i know this maybe pushing it but any ep numbers or reference thanks in advance

All those performances have been shown on Rage in recent years as follows:

Alone With You live was shown twice on Countdown, ep 302 - 20/9/81 and ep 306 18/10/81. (shown on Rage 1995, 1998 and 2003)

You Need A Friend live was shown ep 326 - 2/5/82 (shown on Rage 1999)

No Love Around live was shown ep 332 - 13/6/82 (shown on Rage 2002)

Alone With You is also on the Countdown Wonder Years DVD.

As they have all been shown on Rage and are 1980's episodes I certainly hope they are not repeated as there are still 215 episodes from the 80's that are yet to air, many of which I am destined to never see at the rate that Rage are going through them.

thank you very much guru. i totally agree the abc need to get there stuff together. it wouldnt be that hard for them to screen an unseen episode once a week. i like you hope for no repeats.