Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Dig We Must" song name performances.

Does anyone know where I can get the info playlist for the "Dig We Must" ep on "Rage" this morn. Would like to catalogue the clip performances by "Judy Jacques", "New Chord Trio" & "The Rondells". Any help is very much appreciated.

Re: "Dig We Must" song name performances.

Hi Scott - The Rondells did a version of "You Better Run" - originally a Young Rascals track. I will come back to you about the Judy Jacques and New Chord Trio tracks - will check my database when I get home from work.

Regards Brett

HATED the guys performances and their BAD skits BUT loooooooooved a few of the girl groups performances PLUS the FABULOUS girls in Mask make Up DANCE ROUTINE and the "Boots Are Made For Walking" skit!

I agree Jason some of it was so bad it was good. The boot skit was rather funny.

I sat down this afternoon with my wife to watch what she described in the case of Dig We Must as some bizarre ****.

The girl singing close to the camera with the polka dot dress was impressive. Where might she be now I wonder???

Yes they don't make music tv like hat anymore. In regard to your msg about the polka dot girl. Her name is Bev Harrell and she was one of a few mod female performers of the 60s era (Dinah Lee, Lynne Randell, etc) in Australian music. She is very much alive today still to my knowledge and was last seen performing "Wind Beneath My Wings" on the "Ernie And Denise" show from Sydney in 1995. You can view the clip on You Tube. She was still sounding as strong and great even at that time.

In regard to "You Better Run" Brett thanx for that info. Silly me as I should of realised cause Pat Benatar also released what I think is my fave version of the song. Saw her perform it live in Oct of last year 2010 which I now remember.

Thanks Brett I would appreciate that. I read about an ABC website that supposedly has complete info on various shows that still exist. The name escapes me now. Perhaps someone out there is able to remind me.

Hi Scott

The other performances I have listed are

New Chord Trio - Medley (I can probably go through and identify some of the songs - probably not all)

Judy Jacques - You've Got Your Troubles

Regards

Brett

A bit more information on the "Dig We Must" episode - as shown on the clapper also displayed at the start of the episode (and full marks for the Rage team for leaving this in by the way) this was Episode 19 from 21/12/66.

As it turned out, the last episode of the show. The first 18 were 30-minute shows and long gone from the archives - none now exist. Although the original was geared purely to a teen audience, the show's producer produced this hour-long episode (the final from 1966) in an attempt to re-work the show towards a more "adult" audience should it be re-bought by the ABC for 1967. It obviously never was. The attempts at revising the show meant this strange mixture of bands and vaudeville sing-alongs which just did not work. In those days you were either a show for teenagers or one for adults - nothing in-between. Universal appeal music shows did not really take off in a big way until of course "Countdown" - and need I say any more about that show.

Thanks for that info Brett, your knowledge of 60's and 70's material is highly appreciated.

Here's the list of performances from this episode of Dig We Must:
The Sound of Brass: "Trumpet Blues."
The Beat Girls: "These Boots Are Made For Walking." The New Chord Trio: "Medley."
Bobby & Laurie: "Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)."
Ray Hoff: "Bama Lama Bama Loo."
Barry Greenwood, Bev Harrell: "What Am I Doing Here With You?"
Tony Barber and Cast: "With A Little Bit of Luck." The Creations: "He's The Boy I Love."
Barry Greenwood: "Maria."
Tony Barber: "Since My Canary Died."
The Rondells: "You'd Better Run."
Idris Jones, Judy Jacques: "You've Got Your Troubles."
Ronnie Burns: "Got To Get You Into My Life."
Cast: "With A Little Bit of Luck reprise."

Scott
Thanks Brett I would appreciate that. I read about an ABC website that supposedly has complete info on various shows that still exist. The name escapes me now. Perhaps someone out there is able to remind me.

G'day Scott,

I think it's TARA Online - hang on...

Yup that's it, accessible here:
ABC TARA Online

guru bob
Thanks for that info Brett, your knowledge of 60's and 70's material is highly appreciated.

No problems at all - I enjoy chatting in here - as computer illiterate as I am - I managed to tap into the facebook discussion where Bobby Bright (from Bobby & Laurie) was talking about this episode being screened. It did create some interest in the 60's collector circles that I haunt for sure. As Bobby himself will tell you, this particular show was fairly bl**dy awful, and their dancing even worse - but compared to Recovery & the 10:30 slop they are showing it looks pretty brilliant!!

Hopefully the Rage team noted that the Hitscene from last week that never got shown anyway was a repeat, and they will go with one they have not shown. I think this Summer they have opted for much variety - no doubt another one of those Flashez shows that they obtained recently will also get an airing.

Must catch up again soon as well mate - I have some more material to pass on to you - Regards Brett

Thank u for the info and the website details to Brett (2), Nicholas and Frankster30 for your input on the "Dig We Must" show from last week. Very much appreciated and it has helped me very much as a reference.