Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Playlists up but incorrect. Read this post for programme times.

(Update: Rage playlist for saturday night now offline - looks like they're onto it)

Guys, do NOT follow the Rage playlists links just put up in the last half hour - they're incorrect...they've copied and pasted tonight's info into the saturday morning and night playlists and the same info appears across all three.

Follow this link instead:

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s3103148.htm

...or read on. Info below taken from this link above.

12:18am

COUNTDOWN Sept 21st 1980 (ABC)
GENGHIS KHAN Moscow (Independent)
DIANA ROSS Upside Down (EMI)
THE B-52S Private Idaho (Warner)
JAMES FREUD One Fine Day (Mushroom)
JAMES FREUD & BERLIN Modern Girl (Mushroom)
MODELS Out Of Mind Out Of Sight (Festival)

1:30am

DIG WE MUST Bobby + Laurey - December 21st 1966 (ABC)

2:00am

ROY ORBISON Crying (Virgin)

2:30am (**Frankster30**: Never knew this song was 30 minutes long! ;-))

ROY ORBISON Oh, Pretty Woman (London)
ROY ORBISON You Got It (Virgin)
ROY ORBISON She's A Mystery To Me (Virgin)
COUNTDOWN 10th Anniversary (ABC)

4:00am

RENEE GEYER - Live at the 1975 Music Industry... It's A Man's Man's World (RCA)
ROCK ARENA Kinks Live concert - Feb 23rd 1982 (ABC)

4:30am (**Frankster30: Likewise here - Kinks concert taking into account the length of Renee Geyer's clip only 20 minutes? Riiight....)

THE 10:30 SLOT November 26th 1999 (ABC)

6:00am

THE ROLLING STONES Happy (Shock)
THE ROLLING STONES Rip This Joint (Shock)
THE ROLLING STONES Tumbling Dice (Shock)
THE ROLLING STONES Following The River (Universal)
THE ROLLING STONES Plundered My Soul (Universal)

Unless I'm blind I can't see Recovery in there for this week BUT there's a 90 minute 10.30 slot at 4.30am. So what's this mean? Recovery's been bumped for next week? Oh god no :( Grrr...

Re: Rage Playlists up but incorrect. Read this post for programme times.

Dear me,

So there is a Rock Arena BUT Kinks "Live In Concert"... How utterly VILE!

If the Rock Arena was NOT The Kinks but a mixed bag Episode it would have made this rage retro 1 a little brighter :-(

Least James Freud COUNTDOWN is first and I can go to bed before 10:30 Slot though it's supposed to be Recovery????!

This means Recovery will show it's ugly head next weekend. Gawd I hope that rage retro 2 is a bit more uplifting than tommorow's GARBAGE!

The Rock Arena would only be about 25 minutes so I guess the times are not exact. I never liked the early Rock Arena's much as they would try to match Nightmoves and played a lot of 70's concerts - like Nazareth - which I was not into. Rock Arena wasn't much of a show until Suzanne Dowling arrived - even if the music was no good she would still be fantastic in presenting it.

I can't imagine Roy Orbison - Crying will take 30 minutes or I will be crying.

Jason "The Moderator"
Dear me,

So there is a Rock Arena BUT Kimks "Live In Concert"... How utterly VILE!

Least James Freud COUNTDOWN is first and I can go to bed before Recovery!

I don't think I'll be too far behind you that's for sure.

Not sure if Recovery got taken out for a reason or if it was always planned to be later on but that Hitscene is also missing - maybe they have listened to some advice, just wish they had listened harder and earlier.

That list looks deeply uninteresting. Glad they're showing a James Freud hosted Countdown first, although I would have preferred one from his later Models period.

So no Recovery this week but later on - wow 'can hardly wait'.....

One also assumes that due to Boney M singer Bobby Farrell's death Rage will be playing some Boney M songs soon as well - pity they couldn't bring out a Boney M based Countdown as they've all been wiped. Wonder if Boney M ever hosted it - would have been good for a laugh to watch at any rate.

But as for tomorrow night's Retro show, it's a D- from me.

Jason "The Moderator"
Dear me,

So there is a Rock Arena BUT Kinks "Live In Concert"... How utterly VILE!

If the Rock Arena was NOT The Kinks but a mixed bag Episode it would have made this rage retro 1 a little brighter :-(

My sentiments exactly. An entire effing Kinks concert? might of had a few hits or three, but a whole concert? that is going overboard. they were many great rock arenas from 1983 to 1986, would like to see more of these.

With Roy Orbison, I hope it is the version he did with KD Lang released in 1992, a much better recording then the original.

I am looking forward to the James Freud Countdown as that was my 13th Birthday back then. Bound to bring back some memories.

Speaking of which, I am sure I have vague recollections of BoneyM appearing at some stage on Countdown in the late 70s.

Otherwise, retro wk1 is poor. Wish they had the guts to show Beatbox, if they feel it necessary to show other youth shows from the late 90s.

I find it very strange why Rage don't play Beatbox, The Factory, Countdown Revolution or even Sweet and Sour - one show which is definately overdue for an airing and DVD release.

Rage did sort of show those former 3 shows awhile ago but have retreated from doing so since then unfortunately.

Oh well, happy new year everyone and may this year bring good tidings to all - hopefully some previously lost Countdown episodes will be unearthed this year - one can only wish!

> I find it very strange why Rage don't play Beatbox,
> The Factory, Countdown Revolution

It seems they hate the mid-late 80s & early 90s They don't seem to play many Countdowns from '86 or '87 as well... It's a pity, as '87-90 were my first years of being a 'die hard' music follower.

I'm gonna Record tonight's Countdown Episode in Hard Drive and then Copy Them onto DVD.