Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIVE RETRO NIGHTS IN JANUARY 2011 !!!

Hi Everyone! Just worked out that there will be five Saturday nights next month, that means (fingers crossed) that we will get five retro nights. I can't remember how long ago it was when this has happened before, but it is awesome indeed. As long as rage don't go and stick a Triple J Hottest 100 night in their or something....

Re: FIVE RETRO NIGHTS IN JANUARY 2011 !!!

I had already worked that out by the time last Retro season ended as I always looked forward to this, although that was in the pre-watermark days. Maybe I need to get more of a life but to me life was great in the 80's and today it is merely an existence because the things that made the 80's great no longer exist, and now there are watermarks added as well just to drop the current era another notch down - so Retro January is a form of escapism.

It has actually happened the last 2 years as well - 2009 and 2010 - that we have had 5 Saturdays and they played retro on all of them (if you can count recovery as retro)

When it happened a few years ago was that they used to always ruin it by making one of the Saturdays a Big Day Out Special and I, amongst others, campaigned for Big Day Out to be moved to February when a number of the associated artists would also host anyhow, which Rage eventually did.

We will probably get Countdown on the first night but I suspect that a lot of Recovery, 10:30 Slot rubbish will prevail as the month wears on. If they do play the 10:30 Slot then I hope they include the one where they played Teenage Radio Stars - I Wanna Be Your Baby video clip.

Totally Guru!

The fact that the 00's are hard enough to live through and bare with, we now have to have a
F U C K I N G Watermark as well through Countdown, Rock Arena and Flashez to remind us what era we are in, sadly :-(

So now a form of escapism is even more NOT possible!

My friend and I with his great computer software will be replacing the ABC1 Watermark with a Countdown logo instead when January is done and so with Rock Arena :-)

Still won't be as good as NO logo BUT at least I can then watch my Countdown's with a Countdown Watermark and my Rock Arena's with a Rock Arena Watermark and NOT an ABC 1 BLUE TOILET BLOCK Watermark which will make it look much more authentic, ha ha ha ABC!

Jason any chance of mentioning what soft ware you will use (and how to use it??.... though that might be asking too much)
And where I might be able to buy it?

WHAT a FANTASTIC idea Jason

John, I use Sony Vegas pro, and it is readily available on the internet, both for purchase or there is the torrent route. :) :)

Rip the countdown into vegas, you'll get a horizontal film strip. Then get a screen shot of the countdown logo card. Downsize it in Paint or Photoshop (more recommended), then place it in, using the title card template within vegas, be sure to place the title card strip ABOVE the countdown strip.

Once done, render the video into your preferred format, and bob's you're uncle.

Here is a youtube tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ2DHcV01jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b6rEn7Hv2Y&feature=related

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mark I will get my partner to try it some time as I dont know much about computers,software use at all.....Thanks a lot for the information.

Also I noticed that you mentioned you had countdown episodes.Iwould love to get some 70's ones,I dont know if I have any thing to trade with you but is there some other arrangement we could come to??

Thanks again for the info

Hi Again Mark forgot to ask....do you know of any software that can remove the ABC logo all together??

Or is that just wishful thinking?

I don't think there is ANY software to remove it all together as we are getting basically the master when they play them.

At least putting a COuntdown Logo over that F U C K E D up HORROR is better!

You'll be lucky to get one night of decent retro if you piece all the good bits from the 5 nights together.

I think I will soon qualify as a grumpy old man. Every year seems to be a peg down on the previous. Believe it or not but next years' playlist will make this one look good. I don't know how they will manage it...but they will.