Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Australian RAGE GTK

Hi, I’m looking for the “GTK” archives. Just recently, the super-rare Suzi Quatro “Daytona Demon” promotional clip was shown on Australian Rage on a Saturday morning - which originated from GTK. Who can help me???
I can trade for my rare DVD’s. Please look on my website – DVD-list.

Re: Australian RAGE GTK

rage played this I think about 2 weeks ago in the morning. I didn't see it or even know it was on :-(

I hope someone here can help you whop recorded it!

Hi Jan
I must be the only one who recorded it. I gave Brett a copy a few weeks back and am happy to do the same for you as you originally traded me a copy of that 1978 off air TV recording of Countdown July 16 1978 hosted by Jon English when no one else had even let me know that it existed. Just as long as you are aware that we now have a detested watermark on these clips from Rage.

From memory you reside in Poland don't you? That's a fair bit of trouble to go to for a 3-4 minute clip - I will need to fill out a customs form for that - but I also know that you are a huge Susie Quatro fan so it would probably be a must have for you.

The ABC still have about 90% of Get To Know (GTK) - I think there were about 800 of them - which ran from August 1969 to 1974, although most of the first series was wiped in the late 70's under the ABC economy drive forced on them by then prime minister Malcolm Fraser who cut the ABC budget, this was also what caused Countdown to be wiped. GTK ran for ten minutes and was broadcast daily from Monday to Thursday, at 6.30 pm just before the ABC's popular rural soap opera Bellbird.

Looking at what has been catalogued in the ABC archives there are some more with Susie Quatro but I don't know how we will ever get our hands on them as you can't buy them from ABC Sales due to copyright content. I am guessing that clip must have come from episode 786 which would have been mid-late 1974 in the last year of B&W TV here, although some episodes were recorded in colour.

GTK EPISODE 712 FEATURES PERFORMANCE BY SUSIE QUATRO, PAUL MCARTNEY & WINGS FILM CLIP AND EXCERPT FROM MOVIE 'LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL'B&W; 6.56 VS QUATRO PERFORMS 'CAN THE CAN'

GTK EPISODE 719 FEATURES PERFORMANCE BY MIKE MCCLELLAN & INTERVIEW AND PERFORMANCE BY SUZI QUATRO B&W;0.00 VS MCCLELLEN PERFORMS 'SONG AND DANCE MAN';2.39 MCU IV QUATRO (IN LONDON) RE LIFE IN THE LIMELIGHT, INSTRUMENTS SHE PLAYS, CAREER IN UK RATHER THAN USA, NEW SONGS AND ALBUM, ACTIVE LIFE, CAREER PLAN, MUSICAL BACKGROUND;7.25 FF#1 VS QUATRO PERFORMS 'CAN THE CAN' - Rage showed this on Retro on Jan 12 2008

GTK EPISODE 750 FEATURES PERFORMANCE BY MYRIAD, A SUZI QUATRO FILM CLIP AND INTERVIEW WITH DRUMMER WITH MAX MERRITT & THE METEORS STEWIE SPEARS FF#1 VS QUATRO '48 CRASH' FILM CLIP

GTK EPISODE 786 FEATURING PERFORMANCES BY MIGHTY KONG AND SUZI QUATRO AND INTERVIEW WITH SONGWRITER AND PRODUCER MIKE CHAPMAN QUATRO PERFORMS 'DAYTONA DEMON'

I have sent you an email.

Thank you so much for this information.