Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I Wanna Be Your Baby - Teenage Radio Stars

A bit more information – from an old Countdown Annual – the performance of “I Wanna Be Your Baby” is from the July 1978 Countdown in which Meatloaf performed some tracks from his “Bat Out Of Hell” Album and also hosted the show.
The Teenage Radio Stars segment has survived – there was a tiny bit shown in that old “Love Is In The Air” ABC series from 2003 - it was great to see the whole thing in full finally!!.

Sadly, the entire episode is gone, probably forever – would have been a great one to show on Rage in January!!

And a quick perusal of some of the other guest hosts from 1978 makes similarly depressing reading – The Bee Gees, Graeme Bonnet, Angus Young from AC/DC, Dr Hook, Alice Cooper (actually 1977), Deborah Harry from Blondie, Elton John, Shaun Cassidy (Late 1977), Leif Garrett, Foreigner, Samantha Sang, Rick Wakeman, Billy Joel, Errol Brown From Hot Chocolate, John Cougar.

Every one of these shows was wiped – I could just about burst into tears at the insanity of wiping these tapes back in the early 80’s – Why??????

Re: I Wanna Be Your Baby - Teenage Radio Stars

Please read one of my forums on lost Countdown and Flashez episodes/clips page about Countdown Annual 1978-79 at lost70scountdown.freeforums.org/