Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Essential Wa Wa Nee CD

Hi, I was suprised to come across this CD the other day at JB's. Some of you probably all now about it already. It's shame that they never include a DVD clip compilation as well, like the 'Men At Work' one.

Track list:

1.STIMULATION

2.I COULD MAKE YOU LOVE ME

3.SUGAR FREE

4.ONE AND ONE (AIN'T I GOOD ENOUGH)

5.TEACHER

6.CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF

7.SO GOOD

8.I WANT YOU

9.BRITE LITES

10.BLUSH

11.GONE

12.GIVING EVERYTHING

13.ONE DAY

14.NEVER BEEN SO IN LOVE

15.WHEN THE WORLD IS A HOME

16.MANCHILD

17.LOVE REACTION

18.JELLY BABY

19.DO IT TO ME

Re: The Essential Wa Wa Nee CD

Yep,

When I interviewed Steve of Wa Wa Nee a few weeks ago, he told me this was coming out in 2 days time.

I got a copy from the Awesome 80s gig with Paul gray, it's about time something was available in the shops. I asked Steve about a DVD release BUT Wa Wa Nee are NOT even associated with this. It's a SONY release so they have no control over it...

I supposed Wa Wa Nee should released a CD/DVD set of The Essential Wa Wa Nee, it should have a DVD of music video clips!

Jason "The Moderator"
Yep,

When I interviewed Steve of Wa Wa Nee a few weeks ago, he told me this was coming out in 2 days time.

I got a copy from the Awesome 80s gig with Paul gray, it's about time something was available in the shops. I asked Steve about a DVD release BUT Wa Wa Nee are NOT even associated with this. It's a SONY release so they have no control over it...

I wondered why there was no mention of the band members in the 'Thanks' credit.I have their two albums on CD, but i bought this compilation anyway.

Just to add that the Essential collection is the first album and most of the 2nd album, minus 2 songs.

Does anyone know how many videos Wa Wa Nee made? I recently got a copy of Gone shown on Beatbox when they were JJJ Band Of The Week, I think around Christmas 1986 sometime. I know of at least the following:

Stimulation (Australian version)
Stimulation (US version)
I Could Make You Love Me
Sugar Free (1st version)
Sugar Free (2nd version)
Sugar Free (12" version)
One And One
Gone
Can't Control Myself
So Good
So Good (12" version)
I Want You (TV version)
I Want You (official video)

There are heaps of live performances available as well from Countdown, Hey Hey etc and interviews on Sounds. I have a documentary on obsessed fans and 15 minutes of it is devoted to some girls who are Wa Wa Nee fans. All up I have somewhere between 1.5 to 2 hours footage relating to Wa Wa Nee which I got off a fan who would tape anything on them off TV at the time, maybe should compile it onto a DVD.

Sugar Free live on Countdown is being shown this morning (Nov 30) on Rage.

Not sure if it is the Dec 7 1986 studio performance or at the Countdown Awards show performance.