Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I can't count all the times that I told you we're through

I have heard a couple a squeeks on the radio over the last few months, that Abba are considering a reunion tour.
Has anyone else heard this? Do you think there's any truth to it and what do you think the chances are of them touring in Oz, assuming they'll tour at all?

Re: I can't count all the times that I told you we're through

While I think ABBA have rightly cemented their place in music history with huge success, I think a reunion has as much chance of happening as Frosty the Snowman surviving in the depths of Hades!

Why would they want to re-form? Each have their own wealth and don't need the money and sometimes I think it's better to just leave the past where it is.

Yes, a reunion tour would make mega-millions and would probably be fantastic, but ABBA has been saturated enough since they're break-up with the Mamma Mia stage show, movie, etc, etc.

The rumours of a re-formation have been doing the rounds for years, I once heard they rejected a $1 billion offer to re-form - I doubt anything will change their minds anytime soon.

Well that just sucks then doesn't it. Lol. Oh well, I probably wouldn't be quick enough to purchase a ticket anyway. I imagine there'd be a bit of a rush.

Too pi**ed off at the moment about the first Retro night, I will comment here instead.

In a news report today Agnetha mentioned that ABBA could reform for occasional appearances probably linked to charities. As she had seemed the most unwilling to get ABBA back together this is an interesting development but not really sure if they will tarnish peoples memories should they do this.

That would make sense for them to reform for charitable purposes - they would easily raise tons of money for fans eager to see them. Since none of them need the money donating their proceeds to charity seems a great idea.

They did reunite briefly for the Mamma Mia movie premiere although I don't think there's any great enthusiasm from any of them to reform for a world tour, etc.

I've been really amazed at how enduring ABBA have been over the decades - and whether anyone likes them or not - shows the power and timelessness of their songs.

2GB Sydney briefly mentioned it this afternoon as well.

I was only about eight when they came to Australia in 1977, so if they do come down under, I'll be one of the first to get a ticket, I'm such a abba fan, that I'll wait on the tickettek sight. I haven't been to many concerts in my life, but this is one I'll truly go for. But being honest, I think the reformation of Abba is as chancy as the Beatles reforming. It just ain't gonna happen. :(