Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interviews I am doing in October!

Hey all,

Just letting you guys know that I have been in contact with Grace Knight of Eurogliders today and with Steve from Wa Wa Nee yesterday and I will be interviewing BOTH in October!

I am excited as I haven't done any interviews since 2006!

A long time it seems, they both seem very lovely so I am looking forweard to it. I will post them on countdownmemories in November when I type them all up e.t.c...

If any of you guys have any questions you would like me to ask let us know!

Re: Interviews I am doing in October!

Wow, that sounds great Jason - I look forward to seeing them soon.

As for questions: these are ones you can ask both groups -

1. How did their early success impact on what the band initially set out to do - did they achieve everything they wanted?

2. Who has ownership of their videos? Also how do they feel seeing their videos now - would they change anything about them?

3. How big an influence did Countdown have over the band - were there any positive or negative aspects of this?

I wonder what their thoughts are on the ABC watermark on their videos - that'd be a cheeky question to ask!

I'm sure you'll do a great interview Jason - the other ones on this site have been very interesting.

Patrick,

Some great suggestions there. I will most certainly use some of them!

:-)

Great news Jason your interviews are one of the best parts of this site!

Really looking forward to the Grace Knight interview - saw her on The Circle recently and they played some of the awesome "We Will Together" clip. She said that Bernie's gf was on set while they filmed THOSE scenes! Might be interesting to get some stories about that!

HANG ON, I AM VERY CONFUSED!

Were Grace Knight and Bernie not together during "We Will Together" period?

I thought they were a couple ? ? ? ! ! !

PLEASE ADVIDE ASAP!

I think she said they were still married but separated? - and that his girlfriend was on set for that video.

Hi Jason!
I seem to recall Grace Knight was going out with Crispin Ackerman at the time

Random questions that you could ask Grace.

1 - How did she get to be in Perth (born in the UK) and what was the Perth/WA music scene like around 1980 with other bands such as Triffids, Dugites, Scientists and INXS forming there around the same time.

2 - Why did they record their first album Pink Suit Blue Day in Manila? Why did they change record labels from Polygram/Mercury to CBS?

3 - Is she still accident prone as she had twice been run over by a car, trampled by a horse and broken fingers, wrist and ankle (Juke magazine July 17 1982). Her cat also seemed accident prone as Grace apparently also spent $130 on vet bills after her cat fell off a roof only for it to be run over a few days later.

4 - Financial problems that beset the band towards the end.

5 - Why did the band change it's original name of Living Single to Eurogliders.

6 Eurogliders reforming mid 2000's to release 2 more albums

7 Success of Heaven (Must Be There) reaching No.2 nationally, No.1 in Melbourne and No.65 on the US Billboard charts after MTV picked it up, possibly due to the brilliant film clip that went with it.

If I do some research I could probably think of more.

Guru,

Already put down on my paper scribbles last night why they changed there name from Living Single, so glad that someone else suggested the same question.

Belive me, I have many brilliant questions of my own!

Also ask if they did a clip for No Action as it was released just as they were changing record labels - I can't recall having ever seen it, only live at the Countdown Awards and on their live video.

Ask if they did any other video clips besides Without You and No Laughing Matter prior to 1983.

Guru,

I was already planning to ask if they did a clip for "No Action" and I was also planning on asking Grace why they never made a video for "Maybe Only I Dream" as there is only the live clip but no actual video.

Maybe a question about the Eurogliders appearance in the film Fast Talking

Jason.
My memory is a bit like Swiss cheese these days but I don't recall seeing anything on the Grace Knight interview you were doing last year. Where did you upload the results of that?

Hi Guru,

I have been very slack with the Grace Knight interview.

I think I am going to present this interview as an audio file and you can listen to the interview as Grace didn't want to be filmed and tyoping out the interviews like I used to takes TOOOOOO much time.

I will get onto it soon as it really is a GREAT interview! * :-) *

Hi Jason, unless you prefer an audio file, I would be happy to type it up for you. (I can do about 100wpm, not bragging though, just letting you know I can knock it over quickly)

That would be FAB if you could type it for me!.... Can u send me ur email and I can send the whole audio interview to you :-) Cool???

as requested

Michael,

I dont know my password to access your email...

I will just give u mine...

romoelectric@hotmail.com

Email me when you can :-)

will do.

Hi Jason, still typing up the interview you did with Grace, boy, I know what you mean about how long it takes (very fiddly). I am almost finished and will email it to you before the weekends out.

Thanks Michael!

Believe me, it's NOT fun typing them out which is why I film these days!!!

You are a LEGEND! :-)

Hi Jason,
When are you putting up the Grace Knight interview?