Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shame

Woohoo Michael! Awesome!

Re: Shame

Doh! - and I wasn't even watching rage or the telly on Saturday morning! and I didn't even look at the weekend playlist until Saturday arvo.

My original request was 'Persuasion' by Tim Finn, that I have been requesting for about 6 months. Then I gave up and thought, well let's see if this request thing actually works, so I requested 'Shame', because I knew rage had it in their library (ie a Wild Card show in 2008). I had only requested this song about 3 weeks ago (twice a week). So it shows that rage do play your request if they have it. So, does anyone have a copy of my video request, with my name plastered all over the screen? Will pay for it.

I kept it Michael, but it has a split-second audio glitch near the start (a problem at my end, no doubt).

Are we talking "Shame" from Eurythmics?

I have Shame in full on the Eurythmics "SAVAGE" VHS and WITHOUT that VILE ABC1 Watermark!

Who needs it?

Why yes Micheal, I do have it recorded...but of course I was a split second too late in getting your name! Luckily naynaytaytayobnonotyouknowwhoagain has it.

> Why yes Micheal, I do have it recorded...but of
> course I was a split second too late in getting your
> name! Luckily naynaytaytayobnonotyouknowwhoagain has
> it.

Ha ha, was that payback for referring to you as 'rejected adjective' in a thread on the rage forum where you said the watermark wasn't such a big deal?

Mm, sort of. But mostly I just get bored occasionally and like to stir the pot. Always remember, it's NEVER intended to hurt - only to bring a smile

^ That's OK, I can handle it

Nathan - I'll take it. I really want it as it has my name on it. I'll follow this up with you by email.
Cheers.

Michael - sent your DVD this Wednesday, your work email bounced back.

Hi Nathan - got the disc - cheers. You got mine OK? Remember how I told you (and other forum members) that I was finishing up with my current job and my work email address will be no longer? that's why it bounced back. But good news, I now have a laptop and internet at home and am firing on all cylinders!

No more luck with my requests. Maybe we're all given only 1 go. Had been requesting 'Rush Hour' by Jane Weidlin for a while there, but have stopped. Now onto 'Second Chance' by Thirty Eight Special - a great ballad back in '89. Who knows if it is a case of do they have it or not or if there are too many requests coming in?

Michael, I've got a virtually-DVD quality clip of 'Rush Hour' (complete video, no superscripts) if you want it. I've got 'Second Chance' too, but in crappy NTSC and sourced from a Rockamerica or Telegenics VHS.

Got your disc too

Hi Nathan - can you email me to discuss (I have misplaced your email address). Cheers.

I wouldn't have thought Thirty Eight Special - Second Chance would be a hard clip to find. I've got it on 2 compilation videos (Hits Of '89 and Festival Club Video 7/89) as well as having a copy taped off Rage in 1989 - so they did definitely have it once if they don't anymore.

It got flogged to death in the latter half of 1989 but I haven't heard much of it since. The last time I saw it was when they showed it on Chartbusting 80's.