Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Adam Ant"

Very sad to see that Stuart Goddard,aka Adam Ant, has been committed to a psychiatric institution yet again:

Saturday, May 22, 2010 » 02:48pm
From BigPond News site...

"Adam Ant- who suffers from bipolar disorder - has been hospitalised under the mental health act.

The 'Prince Charming' hitmaker Adam Ant- who suffers from bipolar disorder - has been hospitalised under the mental health act weeks after a series of troubled public appearances, including aiming a tirade of abuse at Christians during a charity performance.

A message sent to fans by the star - real name Stuart Goddard - read: 'Ant fans - please send me postcards at the Chelsea Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road. Please don't come down here as it may upset the staff who have been really pleasant. I am having a well earned rest at Her Majesty's Pleasure and am painting and continuing being an art student. I have a great view and am considering gigs later in the year.'

According to an Adam The Ants fansite, the singer was sectioned after an unspecified incident.

The 55-year-old star stunned fans in Portsmouth, South East England, last week when he invited a four-year-old boy up on stage and began to teach him the words to The Who's 'My Generation', before screaming obscenities at frustrated fans who tried to leave the show, singling out Christians, who he told to 'fk off'.

In 2002, Adam hit the headlines when he threatened drinkers in a London bar with an imitation pistol, but escaped jail on mental health grounds.

He was sectioned in September 2003 after a dispute with a neighbour, where he threatened to smash in his doors with a shovel and was eventually found naked in a cafe basement.

Adam - who has been hospitalised several times - recently declared his intention to resume performing for the sake of his 12-year-old daughter Lily, insisting he had overcome his problems.

He said: 'Lily has never seen Adam perform and doesn't know what The Ants were all about.

'I've had this life-long battle against manic depression, but I've had to overcome it for her sake. Times got bad. I lost my mind. But I'm back.'"

Re: "Adam Ant"

Oh no,

Poor Adam. I really feel for him, the darling.

Bi Polar is a terrible Mental disease, it's so terribly unfortunate.

I ahve the Adam & The Ants DVD and the documentary shows Adam speaking of his Bi Polar, from 2007 and he seemed so much better!

Bless him dearly
+

Love You Adam

Adam has had a fair personal battering of late unfortunately - but he's still of course a great stage performer.

It was interesting watching his clips after the Malcolm McLaren special recently. Even though I had seen most of the Adam and the Ants videos hundreds of times before I found myself watching the entire section again - a true sign of how durable his songs are.

Hopefully he'll recover soon and maybe do a small tour here which would be fantastic.

Yes,such a shame!

So many creative and artistic people seem to suffer from this illness - it's well documented they they feel like they can achieve anything and do some of their best work when they're "up."

I just hope he can eventually win the battle -the extreme mood swings and other symptoms of manic depression can be quite effectively controlled by medication but I've heard many sufferers don't like taking it because they think it makes them lethargic and stifles their creativity.

Watching his clips, he was just so pretty when he was younger.
"Stand and Deliver" is probably my favourite...

Sad news again indeed. But i always hope that he can take some control of it someday. I've been a fan of his work since 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier' came out. I've bought all the issues and re-issues of his recordings and video/DVD over the years.