Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Your "collectables" collections.

Are there any serious or semi serious collectors out there? from especially bands or artists from the 80's? What do you collect, CD's, vinyl, DVD's, magazines, books, posters, tour programs etc?

Do you see an item at a second hand record shop or garage sale and have to buy it?

Be interesting to see what we collect and have in our collections.

Re: Your "collectables" collections.

I dont so much go to garage sales etc - mainly because I basically still have every single cassette, record, ep, single, poster, magazine, ticket stub, concert program etc etc that I bought "back then".

I never throw anything out !

xmaniac68
I dont so much go to garage sales etc - mainly because I basically still have every single cassette, record, ep, single, poster, magazine, ticket stub, concert program etc etc that I bought "back then".

I never throw anything out !

That's the best way to collect, xmaniac68, and the cheapest way.

Depending on how rare some releases or items can be, they can get quite expensive, especially at record fairs or on ebay.

Which bands/artists do you collect, and how big would your collection be?

LOL I dont even think I can answer it to be honest! Some who have been to my home would say "too much" !!!

I guess there are tonnes of Smash Hits and Countdown mags from maybe 79 to 87, along with the other paper mags of the day like NME and Pop Thriller (a short lived one mostly dedicated to Xmen and Kids - I think the owner was obsessed).

Posters of pretty much everyone - all sizes from A4 out of mags, and big lift outs, and then the huge metre high glossy posters from the record shops.

T shirts - every gig I ever went to. All currently in the hands of a seamstress who is making me a set of patchwork quilts out of them all.

Concert programs - one for every gig I ever went to (hundreds just in the 80s).

I guess out of all that in the house there are a couple of specific "groups" of collections.

5 big storage boxes of Cliff Richard stuff from mid 70s to mid 90s. Considering selling off as I sorta drifted off him in the mid 90s.

2 filing cabinet drawers of Uncanny X-Men plus about 30 massive glossy posters.

1 filing cabinet drawer of Bowie - mostly 70's and early 80s.

4 filing cabinets of magazine articles on pretty much anyone who lived or breathed from the mid 70s to now - singers, and actors.

Bookshelves of biographies, autobios, etc etc.

Sheesh - even as I type it I realise I need to start getting rid of it all !

xmaniac68
LOL I dont even think I can answer it to be honest! Some who have been to my home would say "too much" !!!

I guess there are tonnes of Smash Hits and Countdown mags from maybe 79 to 87, along with the other paper mags of the day like NME and Pop Thriller (a short lived one mostly dedicated to Xmen and Kids - I think the owner was obsessed).

Posters of pretty much everyone - all sizes from A4 out of mags, and big lift outs, and then the huge metre high glossy posters from the record shops.

T shirts - every gig I ever went to. All currently in the hands of a seamstress who is making me a set of patchwork quilts out of them all.

Concert programs - one for every gig I ever went to (hundreds just in the 80s).

I guess out of all that in the house there are a couple of specific "groups" of collections.

5 big storage boxes of Cliff Richard stuff from mid 70s to mid 90s. Considering selling off as I sorta drifted off him in the mid 90s.

2 filing cabinet drawers of Uncanny X-Men plus about 30 massive glossy posters.

1 filing cabinet drawer of Bowie - mostly 70's and early 80s.

4 filing cabinets of magazine articles on pretty much anyone who lived or breathed from the mid 70s to now - singers, and actors.

Bookshelves of biographies, autobios, etc etc.

Sheesh - even as I type it I realise I need to start getting rid of it all !

Wow wee...i thought my collections were big, if you have any Real life, New Order or U2 you have & want to get rid of, let me know.

Being an ex DJ, clubs & mobile, even some community radio work, i started collecting music ince i was 12 or 13, started off from Abba to Kiss [how is that for contrasting bands], U2, New Order, INXS, PWL, Real Life etc.

I ended up with 6 or 7 crates of vinyl & around 3000 cd's, albums & singles.

My Real Life collection:

SINGLES [7"/12"/CD SINGLE]

SEND ME AN ANGEL 12" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY] WRST-001
SEND ME AN ANGEL 7" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT
SEND ME AN ANGEL 12" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - PLATTE IN MEHRFARBIGEM

OPENHEARTED 7" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS] WRS-003
OPENHEARTED 12" SINGLE PROMO [USA IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] L33-1166

CATCH ME I'M FALLING 7" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS] WRS-006
CATCH ME I'M FALLING 7" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.712
CATCH ME I'M FALLING 7" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.712 SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - RED
CATCH ME I'M FALLING 7" SINGLE [USA IMPORT-CURB RECORDS]
CATCH ME I'M FALLING 12" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS] WRST-007
CATCH ME I'M FALLING 12" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.712 SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - PLATTE IN MEHRFARBIGEM

ALWAYS 7" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.714
ALWAYS 12" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.714 SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - PLATTE IN MEHRFARBIGEM
ALWAYS 7" SINGLE [JAPAN IMPORT-CURB RECORDS]

FACE TO FACE 12" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS] WRST-023
FACE TO FACE 12" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - GREY
FACE TO FACE 7" SINGLE [USA IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] MCA-52712
FACE TO FACE 7" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - RED

LET'S FALL IN LOVE 12" SINGLE PROMO [USA IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] CRB-10308

BABIES 12" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.724
SEND ME AN ANGEL '88 12" SINGLE [GERMANY IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] INT 127.720 SPECIAL COLOURED VINYL - RED
SEND ME AN ANGEL '89 12" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-BMG RECORDS] CRB-10308

GOD TONIGHT 12" SINGLE [USA IMPORT-CURB RECORDS] V-77053
GOD TONIGHT 12" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-BMG RECORDS] A690A

KISS THE GROUND 12" SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-BMG RECORDS] TDS 614
KISS THE GROUND CD SINGLE [USA-CURB RECORDS] D2-76845

LIKE A GHOST CD SINGLE PROMO [AUSTRALIA-REAL LIFE PROMO] 395/500

DEEP SLEEP CD SINGLE [AUSTRALIA-BLAH BLAH BLAH RECORDS] BBB0046

EVERYTHING EXPLODES CD SINGLE PROMO [USA-MOMENTUM RECORDS]

OBLIVION CD SINGLE [USA-A DIFFERENT DRUM RECORDS] ADDCD1197

ALBUMS [LP/EP/COMPELATION]

HEARTLAND LP [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS] WRLP 1003
HEARTLAND CD [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS]

FLAME LP [AUSTRALIA-WHEATLEY RECORDS] SFL1 0128

DOWN COMES THE HAMMER LP [USA-CURB RECORDS] MCA 5834

LIFETIME CD [USA-CURB RECORDS] D2-77271

SEND ME AN ANGEL '89 CD [USA-CURB RECORDS] CRBD-10614

LET'S FALL IN LOVE CD [USA-CURB RECORDS] CRBD-10624

.....SO FAR CD [AUSTRALIA-RCA RECORDS] SPCD 1187

HAPPY & HAPPIER REMIX CD [AUSTRALIA-BLAH BLAH BLAH RECORDS] BBB0072 [BONUS REMIX DISC]

HAPPY CD [USA-MOMENTUM RECORDS] MOM1001

IMPERFECTION CD [AUSTRALIA-REAL LIFE]
IMPERFECTION CD [USA-A DIFFERENT DRUM RECORDS] ADDCD1193 [BONUS REMIX DISC]

DVD BOOTLEGS:
- The Video's & TV Performances
- LIVE Salt Lake City 2004 [Imperfect World Tour]
- LIVE Manila [4 songs]

MEMORABILIA:
- "HAPPY TOUR" BLOCK MOUNT POSTER
- MORE THAN AN ANGEL - BOOK by David Bullock