Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bearded Actor in early british music clips?

Watching the Music clip of 'Mirror Mirror' by Dollar on the recent Rage Wildcard, has got me wondering. Does anyone know who is the Old bearded actor, that plays the Toy maker in the clip?. He has been in countless music videos from England in the 80's. These are the ones that i can remember he being in:

The Quick's 'rhythm of the jungle' ( Wichdoctor)
Simple Minds 'Love Song' ( night club guest)
Billy Joel 'Pressure' ( A guest trying to drink a shaky glass of wine)
UK Squeeze'Black Coffee in Bed' ( party guest)
Ultravox'Vienna' ( Husband that shoots his wifes lover)
Haircut 100 'Love Plus One'( big game hunter)
Toyah ' Thunder in the Mountains' ( sorcerer)
Dollar 'Mirror mirror' ( toy maker )

Re: Bearded Actor in early british music clips?

Have no idea who he is, but you're quite right, he's almost in every early 80's clip of that era.

Another one I've spotted a lot of is the guy who played the parking inspector in the Pass the Dutchie clip by Musical Youth.

He turns up in the Simple Minds video for Glittering Prize as a security guard (which was on last night).

Maybe those 2 gents had the monopoly on elderly serious looking actors appearing in group videos?

I'm not sure it must be Oilver Reed from Tommy movie.

Brett I know exactly the guy you mean as I once sat next to him on a plane from LA to London in 1988! I remember asking him why he was so familiar and he mentioned a Bond film and so I figured thats what I knew him from as I had seen most multiple times. But for years after that I would be watching 80s music clips and scream "thats him !!!!".

I actually had his business card for a while as he was concerned about my welfare (19 and moving to a new country on my own with a whopping $30 !!) and had said I could call him or his son if I got stuck.

More than 20 years down the track and I am stuffed if I can remember his name !!!! Might dig the diaries out and see if I actually wrote it down!

Thanks xmaniac68. Can you remember which Bond movie, that you saw him in?

No as I said - he mentioned "A Bond film". As in he simply said "I was in a Bond film" !

Seeing as I had seen all of them made to that date about 30 times each (benefits of owning and running a drive-in as a kid and teen) they pretty much all blur into one film for me !!

Had a look through my 1988 diary and for some reason I have detailed my entire chat on the plane with him but have not written his name ! After a bit of thinking - the name Anthony comes to mind - but thats using an old brain and a tiny memory from 22 years ago LOL !!

Ok I can add another video clip appearance for this man...

He appears in Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart at the very end playing the Headmaster introducing her to the schoolboys.

What a CV this guy has - I'd be overjoyed to have his type of resume!

Hi Patrick, I forgot to add the Bonnie Tyler clip to the list. He is either a special extra or a friend to the music clip makers.

or like most jobbing actors I know - taking every job that comes their way. It pays the rent.

I've long wondered about this guy. He's also in the Musical Youth/Donna Summer collaboration "Unconditional Love" as the principal.

Shawn
I've long wondered about this guy. He's also in the Musical Youth/Donna Summer collaboration "Unconditional Love" as the principal.

Your right Shawn. I still have no idea who he is.

Graet post. I have always wondered who he was. Just watched ABC's Look of Love vid last night and he is also in that. He's the guy eating a bowl of pasta (pulls out an electric plug with his fork)

Doggus
Graet post. I have always wondered who he was. Just watched ABC's Look of Love vid last night and he is also in that. He's the guy eating a bowl of pasta (pulls out an electric plug with his fork)

I forgot about that clip. Someone answered me once by saying that he's a costumer person. That's why he turns up in so many period themed music clips. But I couldn't verify that.

You can add XTC's 'Ball and Chain' music clip to this guys resume. He plays a judge at the 1.20 min mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a9wowg4AjI

Spotted this actor again.

Icehouse-Street Cafe 1.20min and 3.33min

Icehouse-Hey Little Girl 1.28 min

He seems to turn up in quite a few Russell Mulcahy clips.