Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is anyone here able to capture Bananrama's 'Help' in analogue tomorrow night?

Bananarama's 'Help' video has an aspect ratio of 14:9, which means it won't display correctly in either fullscreen or widescreen on the digital channel, but will display correctly on the analogue channel (unless the aspect ratio issues mentioned on the Rage forum still exist).

I get flawed analogue reception where I am, so need to use digital to get a good signal. I'm hoping someone here will be able to catch it in analogue. I'm willing to pay or trade, and can offer digital copies of the clips either side (which are both fullscreen) if anyone here is willing to oblige. I've asked a contact who sometimes records Rage in analogue but haven't heard back from him yet.

Re: Is anyone here able to capture Bananrama's 'Help' in analogue tomorrow night?

I am taping it on my IQ and I can change the settings.

Re: Is anyone here able to capture Bananrama's 'Help' in analogue tomorrow night?

Thanks Jason. I've heard back from my contact now, so it should be right.

another disappointment to see another rare clip with the text cut off. I could tell straight away that the picture was not right, as the girls faces looked wide before the song title and artist came up on the screen.

Why is it that analogue sound, sounds so much louder and clearer than digital sound?

One of the most disappointing things about digital TV is the quieter sound. I use a set top box myself (with the volume setting at max.). Luckily, the DVD recorder I have allows the input signal to be increased by 6 decibels, making it almost, but not quite, as loud as analogue. A friend's digital TV signal though seems to be as good as analogue.

I agree,

The quieter sound is a darn bummer!!

I recorded Help on my IQ which is really clear and the volume is higher.

I am getting a new DVD recorder by the end of this year with a built in tuner. Does anyone know if the volume is higher in these built in tuner DVD recorder's compared to a Set Top Box, which mind you I spent over $700.00 on back in December 2005!