Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Psuedo Echo "Best Of" video

Hi all ,does anyone know whether or not there was a compilation made of psuedo echo's video clips on vhs? I seem to vaguely remember seeing a video years ago called "Psuedo Flicks" or something along those lines, but have never seen or heard anything since?

Re: Psuedo Echo "Best Of" video

Yep, Pseudo Flicks was released on VHS and I have it. It's FABULOUS!

Great, thanks for clearing that up for me. I could only wish that they would release it on dvd oneday.

Does all the music videos and live videos by Pseudo Echo were still exist when a Pseudo Echo DVD is going to be release later this year?

I contacted Brian Canham about the possibility of Pseudo Flicks on DVD. He replied that he was getting the clips remastered for a possible release through Shock. This was early last year and to my knowledge it still hasn't come out yet.Fingers crossed it does.

How bizarre is this.... Just typed in Pseudo Echo into ebay search and found someone selling a pirate copy of the Psuedo "Flicks" converted to dvd!

It's a small world Matt, that someone selling that DVD is CJ (aka Jason The Moderator) himself.

It is a great video, as Jason says, with 12 superb clips. I have got 24 Pseudo clips all up if you count the 9 live Countdown performances, Don't Go live on Hey Hey (thanks to CJ), Funky Town Y2K and the US version of Living In A Dream.

I am INDEED selling Pseudo Flicks on Ebay right NOW!

No way! How bizarre, what a small world we live in!

I didn't know you could sell pirated/copyrighted stuff on ebay? Now I know where my second income will be coming from!!

I was able to find this video at a 2nd record store. The quality was okay, but it has a small glitch on the 'Stranger In Me' clip.

You can sell unofficial stuff on eBay if it's semi-obscure and you're careful. I sold a few copies of a Yazz music videos DVD I made on eBay in 2005-6, for $10 with no artwork. It helps if the artist doesn't have an officially released DVD (or in Yazz's case, even an official music videos VHS).

I think you have to be careful with your wording though in the description - i.e. I sold a Del Amitri VHS there a few years ago, and put 'The winner will also receive a copy of the video on DVD' in the description. eBay wouldn't allow the listing to appear, presumably because I included 'copy' in the description.

Also, I always checked with the buyer that they knew they were getting a 'non official' DVD before they made payment, to check that they were OK with it. I had someone in Canberra who bought one of the Yazz DVDs I put up, and then when I told her it wasn't official said she'd rather wait until an official product was released . She'd be waiting a long time. But then she relented and bought it, and liked the quality/gave me positive feedback . It might be a bit trickier now that sellers can't give negative feedback to buyers - so they can easily leave you a negative if they don't like that what they receive isn't the real thing.

Yes, it's interesting what you can/can't sell on ebay. As a huge motorsport fan, and Dick Johnson fan, I bought 1981, 1989 & 1995 full Bathurst races which had been copied directly from tv in each respective year. I didn't have a problem buying these, as there is no other way to get full versions of these races anymore. It's interesting though, I have seen people selling Countdown's on ebay that have been copied from Rage in recent years and I don't think that this is right thing to be doing?

I think it's the right thing to do.

People that one doesn't know who is after Countdown, Pseudo Echo or whatever else is NOT available in the shops should be allowed to do it!

Just because something hasn't got an OFFICIAL release, so long as it is in decent condition and what a person wants then WHY NOT?

If the ABC or Record Companies are NOT going to give the people what they want then people should take it into their own hands that people DO get what they WANT!

Record Companies and corporations are PIGS anyway!