Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skyhooks "Horror Movie" National Music Industry Awards

G'day all. I've seen on Rage's Twitter a message by someone saying:

This version of Skyhook's 'Horror Movie' is from the National Music Awards in 1975.... and LOOK AT WHAT THEY'RE WEARING!

Now did anyone record the beginning of Rage last Saturday at the beginning when it opened up with Skyhooks "Horror Movie" and was it from that program or was it the Countdown/Lunar Park version we normally see get aired?

Cheers
Troy

Re: Skyhooks "Horror Movie" National Music Industry Awards

Hi Troy
There has been a previous post, on this forum, re this topic. Check out:
'Horror Movie Clip from National Awards 1975' for all the info.

Troy
G'day all. I've seen on Rage's Twitter a message by someone saying:

This version of Skyhook's 'Horror Movie' is from the National Music Awards in 1975.... and LOOK AT WHAT THEY'RE WEARING!

Now did anyone record the beginning of Rage last Saturday at the beginning when it opened up with Skyhooks "Horror Movie" and was it from that program or was it the Countdown/Lunar Park version we normally see get aired?

Cheers
Troy

Hi Troy - like you I thought it was going to be the standard luna park clip but unbelievably it was the totally unseen National Music Awards version - fantastic as well. And they even showed the missing 1974 Countdown artist segment which went for about one minute at the start before it cut to Skyhooks. Glimpses of all those missing Countdown performances from 1974 and early 75!!

It was only accidental that I taped it but I do have the whole thing if you want me to organise a copy for you - Regards Brett

Yes please Brett! Do you still have my postal address as I will email it to you if you don't? Anyways so looking forward to seeing this footage!

Cheers
Troy