Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aus 80's (rage) - What year was that song?

OK, I've still got my Ausmusic 80's playlist from rage a couple of weeks ago. I have been going through the songs and putting a year to them when they were released. There is a handful of songs, that I cannot find the year of release, not on Wikipedia or in a couple of my reference books. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out with the following songs:

Something About You - The Hard-Ons
Don't Hit Girls - The Hitmen
Dead Song - The Birthday Party
The Protagonist - Dead Can Dance
One Of A Kind - Spy Vs Spy (I'm thinking 1988, am I right?)
Walking On Sunshine - Ganggajang

Re: Aus 80's (rage) - What year was that song?

Hi Michael!
So far...
Don't Hit Girls-1981
Something About You-1987
One Of A Kind-1984
and with your Cheetah inquiry,they hit #31 in 1980 with Spend The Night

No luck with Dead Can Dance & GangGajang.The closest I came with The Birthday Party was it was on a 1985 live LP of theirs,but it would've been before then because had split up a couple of years prior.I tried!

For the Birthday Party one,are you sure you don't mean "Dead Joe"? Haven't heard of "Dead Song".
This song comes from their 1982 "Junkyard" album...

The Dead Can Dance song,"The Protagonist" can be found on a 1998 Compilation album,"Lonely is an Eyesore", featuring various artists.
Not sure when it was originally released though...

Hi Christina!
I found A Dead Song listed in the Rate Your Music website,but nothing much more than what I said earlier

Hey John and Michael,
Had another look and found "A Dead Song"included on the Birthday Party's 1981 album,"Prayers on Fire"...

Dead Can Dance - The Protagonist is from the 1987 album Lonely Is An Eyesore, which is a compilation album by artists on the 4AD indie label, also including Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, Throwing Muses, Clan Of Xymox, The Wolfgang Press, Colourbox and Dif Juz. The album was also released as a video and includes another Dead Can Dance song/video, Frontier - which was shown on the Richard Lowenstein GPing a few weeks back.

Ganggajang - Walking On Sunshine is from the 1985 6 track double single release of Giver Of Life. This was released shortly after the single release of Giver Of Life. I have both versions but had not seen the clip before and I have got the Ganggajang video collection which I thought had everything on it.

Hi Guru,
According to the iTunes store info "Lonely is an Eyesore" was released in October 1998.
Obviously a re-release...

Thanks for all your help. I'm looking at putting DVD's together for each year of the 80's and need to get the song release year right, also tyring to go one step further and get the vids into date/month order, so it can be a retrospective of each year from the begining of each year to the end. Also, they can only be clean videos from rage and I'm building up a lot of rare vids from the 80's thanks to rage which makes these compilations more interesting and watchable.
This will no doubt be a project in the quieter months.

Hi Christina!
Can you believe this-I've got Prayers On Fire and stupid me here never even thought to look it up!

Yeah John,
It's hard to keep track of what you've got and remember every individual song if you have a big library of CDS and records...