Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Requests (Saturday mornings)

Re - Rage Requests as shown on their website -
has anyone been requesting vids to be played Sat mornings between 8-10am on rage? If so have they been played? I have requested a couple of times and nothing and looking at the playlist the past few weeks, the videos look pretty lame between 8-10. So are people requesting lame videos or are they pretty much ignoring a lot of requests because the vids requested are too rare or out of the 'norm' for Sat mornings.

Re: Rage Requests (Saturday mornings)

I think Rage are just selecting lame choices. I have no idea how many Requests they get so wouldn't know what odds we have to beat. I requested Matt Moffitt - Miss This Tonight about a month ago. I am not expecting to see it.

Yes I've also requested a couple but judging by the run of the mill ,unimaginative choices they've played so far I don't expect to see my selections anytime soon.
Appears they're being lazy and trundling out the very mainstream and easily accessible clips which makes for really uninspiring viewing...

I requested Sakamoto and Sylvian with "Forbidden Colours" a month ago and I know rage will not play it.

They play all the mainstreem rubbish!

I always try to check out the requests to see if I recognise anyone's name from the rage message board or countdown forum.
This morning I noticed OMC - How Bizarre was requested by ODB. I'm pretty sure he/she's a person from the old rage guestbook. Cool.

I requested "Turn Up The Beat"...Tina Arena's very first single from 1983. I know they have this and it's gorgeous Aussie '80s pop.

I'd like to think there is some chance it will get played...but when I saw Shania Twain's "Man I Feel Like A Woman" was shown as a request...well...it didn't fill me with much optimism

I wasn't aware at all that Tina Arena had a first single in 1983 called "Turn Up The Beat"!

Did you see this video in 1983 and do you have the single????

I am VERY curious now!

I always thought "I Need Your Body" was her first single but I was wrong, HEHE

Hey Jason

I remember the clip from when it was released (which may have been '85 actually) and I have the 7" picture sleeve single packed away in a box somewhere. They showed a snippet of the clip earlier this year on the Tina Arena episode of "Talking Heads" on the ABC and it leapt out at me...I'd forgotten all about it and remembered what a gorgeous song & clip it was. Tina looks like a baby...fekkin' adorable. The song is fab '80s Aussie pop.

You'll find the clip (in crap quality) on YouTube :)

WOW,

Just saw it on You Tube. THANKS for suggesting!

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mid 80s Soundtrack sounding. It's great!

Here's the link for anyone else!.... There are 2 on You Tube,, this copy isn't to bad at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SdVzIdRBg

I saw it on Talking Heads about Tina Arena too!

Hey Guru Bob,
does Matt Moffitt's only solo single called "Miss This Tonight" is an official promo music video or Countdown performance?

Countdown showed the official clip for Miss This Tonight as the only live performance on that episode of Countdown was from Wall Of Voodoo.

There you go Guru, they played it for you!
How cute.

yeah they played it, but it looks like it took rage around 7 weeks to play it and did they only play it because it tied in with the special tonight (Aus music 80's)...I reckon it is pure luck if they play your request.

Very surprised and very happy to get such a rare clip shown when Rage had played mainly common clips until now. I won't request any more and hope that a few of you other guys also get a shot at having your favourite clips played.

I hope rage play my Sylvian and Sakamoto!

I requested it about 6 weeks ago!

Dear Guru Bob,
I saw the video clip of Matt Moffitt's Miss This Tonight in Rage on TV yesterday and you're right, it's an original and official music video but I didn't tape it on video and put and upload it on YouTube.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I have requested Tim Finn's 'Persuasion' and will continue to do so until I see it on the box. It wasn't 80's, it was released in '93. Fantastic song, why wasn't it a hit. I bought the single, which had 4 other tracks on it, but I don't think I ever saw the video for it.

guru bob
I think Rage are just selecting lame choices.

Definitely agree there - Yazz 'The Only Way Is Up', Puff Daddy 'I'll Be Missing You', Deee-Lite 'Groove Is In the Heart' - common as muck! Another example of Rage's programmers being lazy and unimaginative.

I've requested Nina Hagen's 'Smack Jack' (they definitely have this in their library as it aired in 2003), Nick Kershaw's 'I Won't Let the Sun Go Down On Me', and another old track I forget - but to no avail

By the way, Tina Arena's 'Turn Up the Beat' was released at the end of 1985, not 1983. It was credited to just 'Tina' (no surname) too!

I suppose any Tina Arena fans saw her episode of Who Do You Think You Are on SBS Sunday night.