Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shaun Cassidy guest on Countdown ep

Hi everyone.

Last night on vh1 they showed a Countdown clip of Richard Clapton doing Capricorn Dancer that I'd never seen before. At the start & end of the clip there was just a second of Molly sitting in a chair opposite Shaun Cassidy and a big "Countdown Welcomes Shaun Cassidy" sign behind them. According to the vh1 graphic, the episode was from 1977.

I was wondering, has this episode ever been shown on RAGE ? It was amazing just seeing the tiny moment I saw last night.

Re: Shaun Cassidy guest on Countdown ep

Hey there Abba - someone asked this question in the Rage guestbook awhile ago.

The episode you're referring to is ep 101 dated April 1977 where Mr Cassidy did indeed host the show.

Sadly the episode no longer exists in the ABC archives and what you saw was one of the many surviving snippets of shows the ABC unceremoniously dumped. I understand that this clip was taken from a 1982 January Summer special which Rage has yet to air.

However a clip of Shaun Cassidy singing 'Thats Rock and Roll'can be seen in the previous ep - 100 - which closed the show. The same clip can be also be seen in the Top 100 Countdown ep dated 23 January 1977.

Hope that answers your question....and I wish it did exist too, if he was hosting it the ep MUST be good!

Re: Shaun Cassidy guest on Countdown ep

Thanks a million for your informative and super fast reply Patrick.

I had hoped that in seeing the evidence last night on vh1...that perhaps unbeknownst to us all, the episode had indeed survived...talk about wishful thinking