Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dogs In Space

Hi everyone!
Not sure what you think of this but I've read here and there today that Dogs In Space is being released on DVD in August.
Have to be honest and say I was disappointed with it the first(and to date,only)time I saw it.Maybe my view on it might change should I buy it-providing its released of course,unlike some DVD's(yes,you Mushroom Evolution Concert!).
No word about the soundtrack though(Rooms For The Memory's still a great song to this day).
Oh,and I notice Rage Goes Retro's out now on both DVD and CD but most likely pass on both-same old,same old.
If only Rage would dig deeper when putting compilations together.

Re: Dogs In Space

GREAT!

I luuuuuuve this film and I can see that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I ADORE it.

I hope that it has some extra features, like the video for "Rooms For The Memory" and a trailer and any lost behind the scenes footage.

Hi Jason!
I heard it was gonna be a two-DVD set but no details as yet on what the bonus features will be.
The sort of bonus features you were talking about would be great,as would a recent making-of featurette(if one's been done).

Thank you for the heads up John. I liked the film when it came out. I was a bit puzzled by the critical backlash that the film received. It wasn't that bad, maybe it had something to do with Michael Hutchence being in it?.

Hi Brett!
Must stress it wasn't 'cause Michael Hutchence was in it that made me not so crazy about the film.
Maybe how the story was told was what left me disappointed but I'm keen to give it another try so I can see what I missed the first time.

Hi John, sorry, I didn't quite write those last few sentences correctly. I meant that the film was put more under the microscope by the 'Media', because of Michael Hutchence being in it. I wasn't referring as to why you were disappointed in the film. It's not a bad film, but i don't think it deserves a 'bomb' rating that some critics have labeled it.

Hi Jason!
Dogs In Space is out now on DVD and if you don't have it,I'll give you a rundown on the extras(some of which I'm sure you'll like)-
DVD 1:
Audio commentary with Richard Lowenstein & Ollie Olsen
Audio commentary with Richard Lowenstein & Andrew De Groot
Audio commentary with Tim McLaughlin & Charles Me0(Tim & Chuck)
Original theatrical trailer
Director's cut trailer
DVD 2:
We're Living On Dog Food-Dogs In Space featurette
Rehearsal vision & screen tests including vision of Michael Hutchence
Rooms For The Memory video clip performed by Michael Hutchence
Popcorn Taxi interview with Richard Lowenstein
Behind the scenes on 16mm & Super 8mm
Stills galleries
Pedestrian-Richard Lowenstein short film
Punkline-Sue Davis & Tony Stevens short film
Interview with the real Sam Sejavka
Leap For Lunch & Triple Treat video clips by the Ears

$24.98 and it comes in a tinlike cover-hope this has been of some help
Cheers!

WOW!

IS this available at JB???

I am SOOOO excited that the video for "Rooms For The Memory" is on the DVD!!!!... AND, Michael screen tests, HELLO!

Certainly is Jason-picked it up from JB this morning

FABULOUS!

I shall buy it tommorrow, PRONTO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jason!
Without giving too much away,you might get a surprise with one of the film's screen tests,the We're Livin' On Dog Food doco is fantastic(despite not being a big fan of some of the artists that get a look-in and some news about the soundtrack(which I didn't know came out as 2 different versions).
As for the film-I understood it a bit more after seeing it last night.Yes,its chaotic,its all over the place and its grubby(for lack of a better word),but as punk was at the heart of the story(musically,a lot of it doesn't sound that way but it does have the individuality that punk had),correct me if I'm wrong,that's 'spose to be the whole point.Punk was never pretty in the first place-still isn't!
At least I don't dislike the film anymore!

Oops!-forgot to mention the limited edition Dogs In Space T-shirt for men and women www.umbrellaent.com.au have on offer for $29.99.Sorry.

My Dogs In Space T-shirt arrived today-HOORAY!!!