Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro Rage DVD

As part of their occassional dvd series, Rage will be releasing a Retro Rage dvd on Friday 19 June for our consumption. The tracklisting is as follows:

Tracklisting:
1. David Bowie - Modern Love
2. The Go-Betweens - Streets Of Your Town
3. R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
4. Duran Duran - Planet Earth
5. Adam & The Ants - Stand And Deliver
6. Divinyls - Science Fiction
7. Blondie - Rapture
8. The Specials feat. Rico - A Message To You Rudy
9. De La Soul - Eye Know
10. Salt-N-Pepa - Push It
11. Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
12. Everything But The Girl - I Don't Want To Talk About It
13. Fine Young Cannibals - Johnny Come Home
14. Do Re Mi - Man Overboard
15. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Deanna 16. Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot
17. The Saints - Just Like Fire Would
18. Jesus & Mary Chain - Sidewalking
19. Lloyd Cole And The Commotions - Lost Weekend
20. The Style Council - Speak Like A Child
21. The Church - Under The Milky Way
22. The Triffids - Wide Open Road
23. Olivia Newton-John - Physical
24. Fun Boy Three & Bananarama - It Ain't What You Do It's The Way That You Do It
25. Soft Cell - Tainted Love
26. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
27. Yazz - The Only Way Is Up
28. Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
29. The Cure - The Lovecats
30. Men At Work - Down Under

Some usual picks there but some interesting ones too....hopefully it's the first of many similar releases.

Re: Retro Rage DVD

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

It is very interesting that this year alone on rage, they have played these following videos:

Marilyn - Baby U Left Me
Sharpe/Numan - Change Your Mind
Bananarama - More Than Physical
Animotion - Obsession
Jo Jo Zep & Jane Clifton - Taxi Mary

and may I go on!

Yet ... they choose to wack on Spin Me Round (Like A Record), The Only Way Is Up and all the other common muck!!!!!!!!!

Fun Boy Three and Bananarame is one of the only slightly moree obscure videos, out of the bunch!

Re: Retro Rage DVD

That's very true.

But most of these compilations are dictated by 2 factors - 1. The rights available and 2. The compiler's imagination.

With regards to No. 1 - It's a great shame that some of the titles that people really do want aren't put on anything unlike Dead or Alive's You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) which seems to be on every nostalgia dvd around - although I'm sure that makes Pete Burns happy....

Different world-wide territories have different copyright laws and so it appears Aus. gets the thin edge of the stick with constantly repeated clips. I guess the only way for fans to get a look in is to either write to the companies involved or hope that their requested vids get an airing on a Rage Wildcard special.

Although rightfully we shouldn't have to do that given that the No. 2 point - the compiler's imagination (in this case the Rage team) - should at least take the time to look at the various Wildcard requests and pick and choose the rarities - subject to what rights are available.

None of that makes up for the frustration on seeing the same old clips getting another airing of course and it's only fan pressure that can notifiy these people about what to include next time and to lift their game in terms of giving fans what they want to see.

I must admit often when I see a compilation list with the same tracks on it I think to myself "Did these guys just do a survey around the office as to what people thought everyone listened to in the 80's?"

Sometimes it seems that way to me......