Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage - Saturday 28/3/09

A Cure special on rage this Saturday - awesome. Not a huge fan to buy their DVD's, but will be recording these. And what the?....Jason Donovan performing on Countdown Revolution with 'Too Many Broken Hearts'..and Guy Pearce..and Nicole Kidman?

Re: rage - Saturday 28/3/09

Would have rathered the video to Jason Donovan, they MUST have it!!! As I have Countdown Revolution clip already...

They showed that Jason Donovan clip in January last year and must have gotten a mini theme going on singing actors. I think I can recall at least 3 other occasions that they have played that Cure special as well, looks like they will just play that tape again.

I am actually more impressed that they are playing a January 1982 New Wave release from Romeo Void. Also like the other 1982 track they are playing before it with The Waitresses, even though that is a fairly common clip. Some useless trivia that you will never need to know is that Patty Donohue, the lead singer of The Waitresses died December 6 1996 from lung cancer - she was a heavy smoker. So kids - stop smoking, it's no good for you.

Didn't know that but then The Waitresses were really a 1HW and a fairly obscure band to the mainstream. "I know what boys like" is one of my fave new wave songs

Can I just say that Guy Pearce KILLED me!

What a stroke of pure GENIUS! He is very talented, that piece of music, lyrics and vocals was spine chilling, absolute QUALITY + * + * + *

Hi everyone!
Jason-you can find the "Too Many Broken Hearts" clip on the "A Decade Of Classic Australian Hits 80's" DVD.

Last night's Rage was quite diverse for sure.

The inclusion of Jason and Guy almost made it a mini-Neighbours night too...although thankfully without the dreaded Stefan Denis clip for Don't It Make You Feel Good - which was pretty shocking.

Still, it got me thinking that Grundy's missed an opportunity by not setting up its own record label - as E Street/Westside Records did with Melissa, Radio Freedom, etc. in the early '90's.

I could only imagine the amount of video clips Grundy's could have released from their Neighbours stars over the years - and make a fortune.

Some of the early clips are quite rare - although a few of them for good reason!!!

What else is on this 80s OZ DVD?

You have all the treats in ur area, darn!

That Stefan Denis clip is a cult classic!

Here's the tracklist for that 80's DVD Jason-
Before Too Long-Paul Kelly & The Coloured Girls
Got To Be Certain-The Singing Budgie
Counting The Beat-The Swingers
Happy Man-Sunnyboys
Strangers On A Train-The Sports
Just Like Fire Would-The Saints
The Heart Of It-Richard Clapton
(Come Up And See Me)Make Me Smile-Nick Barker & The Reptiles
Nude School-Painters & Dockers
Melt-The Someloves
At First Sight-The Stems
No Say In It-Machinations
Change In Mood-Kids In The Kitchen
Too Many Broken Hearts-Jason Donovan
Breakaway-Big Pig
Boys Will Be Boys-Choirboys
Suddenly-Angry Anderson
Soul Kind Of Feeling-Dynamic Hepnotics
Witch Queen-Chantoozies
New Groove-Rockmelons
Shivers-Boys Next Door
Modern Girl-James Freud
Spend The Night-Cheetah

The same people who compiled this did a 90's DVD as well,but I didn't get that one.Also not sure if this 80's DVD's still available 'cause it was some years ago I bought it(from Target of all places),but fingers crossed you'll find a copy somewhere.

I must admit i have every single Jason Donavan clip which i converted onto DVD from the original Video collection, didn't mind some of his music, but that Countdown Revolution verison was a tad lame, the clip to "I'm Doin Fine" is pretty cool.

I am a BIG fan of R.S.V.P from Jason Donovan.

A FANTASTIC track and video *** Bless him +