Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
some useless trivia

I heard on the radio the other day (after they played the Models 'Barbados') that James Frued is related to Jane Clifton. They are in-laws. James married Jane's sister and are still married...there you go.

Re: some useless trivia

If we're going on about useless trivia.....I remember there was going to be a local film centred around a group of friends going to a recording of Countdown.

Set in the 70's it alledgedly was going to have Molly doing a cameo. I heard about this probably 5 years ago but nothing else came of it - which was a pity.

Sounded a little like Detroit Rock City where a group of mates were going to see a 1978 KISS concert. At least that one was better than Kiss Meets the Phantom...!

HEY, don't knock Kiss Meets The Phantom, i have that on DVD..LOL, i also have DRC, very good movie.

Very underated band Models, should have been bigger than what they were, had some great songs, I Hear Motion, Out Of Mind Out Of Sight, Big On Love etc etc.....I was one that actually really enjoyed their "Media" album, got canned by most of the music industry at the time.

It was good to see the Australian version of 'Kiss meet the phantom of the park' or 'Attack of the phantoms' on the Anthology dvd.

So what's the difference between the Australian and U.S. version of that film?

From memory - and I could be wrong - the film was released into cinemas here around 79/80 where in the U.S. it was shown on television.

I actually remember seeing it way back when - and to my (very) young eyes it seemed great but now..........

Wot's this?? Kiss Anthology DVD. Details please

As far as I know there are 3 Anthology dvds - each covering a certain era - ie: 1974 - 78; 79 - 91; 92 - 07.

I've seen the first two for sale and the contents of them look great - the 79 - 91 set has a Countdown appearance taken from the September 1980 ep.

WOW! That sounds awesome. Is it available in Oz ??

Well I saw it at my local Sanity store for sale for around $50 for each 2 disc set loaded with material. It was an import with NTSC branding on it.

From the amount of clips on it, I'd say it's definately a bargain for any KISS fan for sure.

Almost forgot - the 79 - 91 KISS dvd set features their Kiss Meets the Phantom film in its entirety - presumably the American version. Plus, as mentioned before, some clips from their Countdown appearance in 1980.

The difference between the US version and the International version of 'Kiss meets the phantom of the park'. The international version has the kiss solo album tracks as it's soundtrack instead of the goofy TV 70's score that's on the American tv version. The international version also has a few more scenes here and there. If you want to know more, check out imdb.com link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077788/alternateversions

But the only problem is that it doesn't have I Was Made For Loving You on any of the 3 DVD's, which just happens to be my favourite track of theirs

Yes I know ,as it was suppose to have concerts and promo videos on it.The first Kiss volume was great, but the other two volumes are all over the place. I ended up buying a bootleg compilation of all their music clips at a record fair months later.

Hi Brett

What was the quality like on your bootleg DVD?

Are they all ripped from VHS

CU

Hi Lee, I haven't looked at it for a while. So i will check it out for you. As there has never been an official video clip compilation released by them. I assume it that it could have been copied from a fan made compilation.

I bought the first 2 Anthology DVD sets from that [i forget the name of it] DVD store right near JB hifi in the city [Melbourne], they are ESSENTIAL for any one that is into Kiss.

The first one if my fave, features a few full length concerts, from 1975, 1976, 1977 & the Alive 2 concert tour from the Summit in houston also from 1977.

Attack Of the Phantons [full length feature] is on Vol2, pretty tacky, but good to have all the same, the band performances at Magic Mountain are great.

I also have all their clips which i taped from Rage a few years ago which i also converetd to DVD, i think there were around 30 clips.

Hi Lee, I've checked the DVD. The quality of the clips varies badly in vision and sound. It's video quality and a couple of generations copied from it's original source. There are 39 clips on it, starting from 'Firehouse' and ends with 'Rock n roll all night 2002'.

Thankyou so much for checking for me Brett, i was hoping at least I Was Made For Loving You was good quality. I do have a nice clean version but am always looking for better. lol.