Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rate an album - Diamond

The best Spandau Ballet album IMO and one of my favorite albums full stop.

With the likes of Rio & New Gold Dream the peak of the New Romantic movement

Personal faves are Instinction,Missionary,Paint Me Down & Pharaoh but they are all great.

Then there's the wonderfully atmospheric cover

Thoughts?

Re: Rate an album - Diamond

OH YES!... Diamond is my FAV Spandau Ballet album as well. It's GENIUS* So eclectic!!!!

I give it 10 out of 10. The first album is great but Diamond had that very nice growth that a band need for a 2nd album. Ihave met another who also loves Diamond like I, so nice to see more that appreciate it's pure brilliance!

And actually, INSTINCTION is my FAV Spandau Ballet track PERIOD!

I agree there - Instinction is a great song.

I also love the video for it too - keeps the song moving and adds a lot to the lyrics.

Spandau at their New Romantic best for sure with that one.

Yes it's a more polished & mature record then Journey's To Glory which in itself is brilliant.

True has some classic singles ..inc my fave Gold ..but the album tracks are not nearly as strong as those on the 1st two.

I'd like to see reissues with bonus tracks such as the gorgeous Gently on Diamond or Glow for JTG.

I will have to listen to this album again. I know that 'Instinction' was either re-recorded or Remixed as a single by Trevor Horn.