Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COUNTDOWN: ONE HIT WONDERS / VOLUME ONE

I could kick myself... I didnt but the Countdown One Hit Wonders Volume One. For a few months now I mhave been looking for it. I have a burnt copy only...

I tried to order it BUT it is deleted already!!!

Does anyone here have 2 copies and if so, would they be willing to sell it???

I want it for Marilyn and The Monitors!

ARGH!!!!!

The newer one Volume 2 is CRAP!

Re: COUNTDOWN: ONE HIT WONDERS / VOLUME ONE

Excuse spelling error's...

I didn't buy, is what I was supposed to type.

Hi Jason!
Deleted already-why?
Did you try the ABC merchandise section in the official "Countdown" website or somewhere else?

Try this link
http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=396602

You may want to know that the Monitors clip is the 'video disc' one they showed on Rage in 2008. I bought this set thinking it may be a clean version but not to be

This isn't a bad cd/dvd although why certain songs that were released after Countdown ended appear on it I have no idea!!!

I was a bit disappointed that Marilyn's Calling Your Name isn't on the dvd - it's replacement by You Don't Love Me Anymore is rather odd.

The 2nd dvd is ok - I'm pleased Charlene is on it - although sadly the video clip cuts out towards the end.

I'm still waiting for someone to put Bertie Higgins' Key Largo and Reneee and Renato's Save Your Love onto dvd - both of those songs are as camp as Xmas and the ultimate in kitsch!

Patrick, I can answer your question about Marilyn.

I for one would rather have "You Don't Love Me" than "Calling Your Name"... The more obscure the track and video, the better for me! I am a Maz fan so it's a plus forme, and the video is pure HEAVEN!

Marilyn actually was in touch with the ABC when approached about copyright for what they wanted being "Calling Your Name".

Marilyn wanted his second single "You Don't Love Me", thank goodness. Marilyn was quirte ****** off when he got the dvd sent to him, as they wrongly titles the track "You Don't Love Me Anymore"... There is NO "Anymore" ... Just "You Don't Love Me".

ABC notgetting that right was a tad insulting I
think!

Oh dear, the ABC upsetting a diva - not good!

I guess I can see your point on having a different video than Calling Your Name.

Whenever I think of Marilyn I automatically think of that song so I guess I was suprised it wasn't on the dvd.

At least the picture quality on them are pretty good overall - much better than the ones on the Chartbusting 80's dvds - some of the videos on those ones are shocking.

Chartbusting 80's is SHOCKING period!

And let's not talk about Josie, geeezus.