Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
* FLASHEZ * FLASHEZ * FLASHEZ *

To have John posting on this Forum is FANTASTIQUE, and as he is an archivist and researcher at the good old ABC, he is on the hunt for lost Flashez Episodes, and thank goodness for that!

If anyone on this Forum ever finds any old Beta vids with "Flashez" pieces on them or hear's of anyone that has them OR comes across any episodes at gawd knows where, PLEASE get in contact with me and I can pass it on to him OR leave a post here that John will come across.

Though this is unlikely to happen one NEVER knows, KC just discovered these 1974 and I think 1976 Countdown eps' on his parents old videos, 35 years later!

THANKS FOLKS

Re: * FLASHEZ * FLASHEZ * FLASHEZ *

Ta Jason, much appreciated

Years ago in your old guestbook I remember encountering a guy who went round to garage sales buying old beta blank tapes and playing them to see if he could find old treasures. I hope he is still out there and still finding lost wonders.

I'm currently burning all my VHS tapes over to dvd and when I get thru all them I am moving over to my beta collection. It only starts at 84 tho so no 70s treasures for me. But I know I taped tonnes of CD, Rock Arena and - remember Rocket ? or Rockit ? and if Brian Mannix was guest hosting they use to rename is "Wockit".
I was an obsessive taper of anything back then (sigh still am) so I hope to find loads of goodies.

OH MY!

1984 to 1986 Beta videos *****
SIGH, just killme now, how fricking exciting!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, don't you need a BETA player to play BETA tapes? If you have one, nice going.

Yes Michael Beta tapes are considerable smaller than VHS and only play in Beta machines.

I still have 3 of my original Beta players from the 80s and have continued to use them and the tapes over the years. The tapes last a lot longer than VHS and none of them show any signs of wear and tear.

Buggers me how VHS won the battle if BETA shows better signs of tape longevity and the tapes were smaller and the player??? I would love to track down old BETA tapes at trash n treasure markets, but I think I would even find it harder to get the player first.

That's the way society works - they go for the inferior product (vhs) over the one that lasts longer (Beta)!

I quite enjoyed the Flashez ep, although I don't particularly remember seeing it first time around. It looks like something I would have watched regularly.

Hopefully Rage will play the remaining 3 eps at some stage.

From what I've read it was simply that VHS marketed their product better. They got the big names to use the VHS brand and Beta just couldn't compete.

And you can pick up old Beta machines on Ebay fairly cheaply.