Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Episodes 24TH JANUARY, 2009 *** (FULL INFORMATION) ***

Here's full information on the only Countdown Episode for this weekend on r a g e ! ! ! Poor effort by r a g e indeed ***

30/09/1984
THIS SHOW WAS HOSTED BY TIM AND DEBBIE AND INXS. MOLLY PRESENTED HUMDRUM VIA SATELLITE FROM THE USA. LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCE:
MACHINATIONS 'NO SAY IN IT'
VIDEO CLIPS:
U2 'PRIDE'
HELEN TERRY 'NOW YOU ARE MINE'
NO NONSENSE 'CHANGES MUST BE MADE'
PRINCE 'LET'S GO CRAZY'
COREY HART 'SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT'
CYNDI LAUPER 'SHE BOP'
TINA TURNER 'BETTER BE GOOD TO ME'
PHIL OAKEY 'LIVING IN ELECTRIC DREAMS'
DAVID BOWIE 'BLUE JEAN'
DEEP ROYAL BLUES 'GOOD SAVE ME'
TOP TEN:
POINTER SISTERS 'JUMP'
ZZ TOP 'LEGS'
DAN HARTMAN 'I CAN DREAM ABOUT YOU'
STEVIE WONDER 'I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU'
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'DANCING IN THE DARK'
JOHN WAITE 'MISSING YOU'
U2 'PRIDE'
TINA TURNER 'WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT'
RAY PARKER JNR 'GHOSTBUSTERS'
GEORGE MICHAEL 'CARELESS WHISPER'

Re: Countdown Episodes 24TH JANUARY, 2009 *** (FULL INFORMATION) ***

February 7 1984
A ONE HOUR MUSIC PROGRAM HOSTED BY GLEN SHORROCK WHO BRIEFLY INTRODUCES EACH OF THE VARIOUS ARTISTS,;ARTISTS/TITLES:;PROMO 1 BY GLENN SHORROCK(0.00);PROMO 2 BY GLEN SHORROCK(1.10);MONDO ROCK 'COME SAID THE BOY'(3.38);THE CURE 'THE LOVE CATS'(9.25);MARILYN 'CALLING YOUR NAME'(12.58);DEF LEPPARD 'FOOLIN'(18.03);YES 'OWNER OF A LONELY HEART'(22.31);GENESIS 'THATS ALL'(29.04);LIONEL RITCHIE 'RUNNING WITH THE NIGHT'(38.24);STANLEY CLARKE AND GEORGE DUKE 'HEROES'(44.06);U2 'SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY'(44.55);U2 'NEW YEARS DAY'(58.02);U2 'GLORIA'(62.45);U2 'I WILL FOLLOW'(67.36);PAUL MCCARTNEY 'PIPES OF PEACE'(71.59);PAUL MCCARTNEY 'SO BAD'(75.44);CARMEN 'HABANERA'(34.29);

This episode of Rock Arena is pretty good. Songs from early '84. Good to see Glenn Shorrock in the chair as host.

Rock Arena Episode is NO MORE, rage have pulled it from the Playlist!

Wow seven Flashez clips this week Although I think we've seen the one on music piracy? Sounds like one that was on last year.

The countdown promos look interesting as well.

I find it annoying that rgae say they had to take out the Rock Arena due to time limit, when the Recovery is a repeat and the Music Piracy is a repeat as well!

I want at least 2 Countdown's!.... The Countdown they are playing isn't that brilliant either. Highlight for me is Helen Terry but I already gopt that video of her's on Ebay this year! From 1984, they should have played the Episode with Jane Clifton and JPY hosting!!! ARGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Countdown Promo's from 1975 are indeed rarities though!>.. And the Flashez clips will be rather good, especially the one on Hi-FiI's or somtheing.

Also, good to see they chose Sunnyboy's with "You need A Friend" and "Modern Bop" by Mondo Rock...

75% of the night is rather boring to me though!

Here's hoping for at least 4 Countdown Episodes next weekend!

Bugger!-it looks like my night (morning) doesn't start til 1.30am.

What the hell is it with the rage team. So they have a retro edition of rage, looks like the programs director's definition of retro is anything up to five minutes ago. How long will it be when they classify norties as a classic decade. lol lol

What a pack of jokers :(

I would like to see more 1980-1986 stuff pleeeeeeeeaaaasseee.

Re: ONE EPISODE

What are the odds that considering there have been an average of 3 episodes per weekend this year and this is a five weekend month that there will only be 2 next weekend!

On the rage Guestbokk, moderator claims that next weekend will have LOTS of Countdown!... Hopefully some 1981/1982/1983 and a GOOD 1984 for me. Unlike the 1984 tommorrow night!

Geeeeeee... HIT SCENE is B A D ! !!

How horrible, GTK bits to go which is also hell.

Then after that the Flashez bits should start to get entertaining!

I so can not stand Tim and Debbie...Hit scene and GTK were good shows in their time. So I dont mind them, but I think I will watch them tomorrow (taping) Looking forward to watching Flashez with Mike Mead and Ray Burgess....and Machinations-"No Say In It" great song and band..

I SOOOOOOO LOVE "Tim and Debbie" ! *** Especially Debbie, she is halarious!

Well the highlight of last night for me was the final episode of Flashez. Took me right back to my childhood - I remember way back then crying at the thought of no more weekly fixes of Ray Burgess !

Other than the old Countdown promo's and the Skyhooks clips - the rest of the night was an enormous dud. Way too much talking and not enough music. Beatbox and Recovery were just plain awful.

The Time and Debbie episode actually got me thinking about how great it would be if the ABC would repeat or release on DVD episodes of Australia Your Standing In It! Rod Quantock particularly used to have me in stiches as a kid. HOw about it folks... AYSII as a double bill on Staurdays with Sweet and Sour (well a guy can dream can't he!!!).

Another thought I had over the last couple of days after watching the latest special was that it would have been more fitting to have played the first colur episode of Countdown with the particular 1975 trailers that were broadcast. Instead it was matched with an episode from 1984 (although very good it was). The 10th Anniversary episode might have also been fitting as an addition to that, as it opens with Skyhooks playing Horror Movie. The first was repeated in 2005 and the latter was last repeated though in 1996, quite a few years ago. A five weekend month would have been ideal to perhaps have 4 weekends of newer repeats and one of these cornerstone episodes for newer fans to enjoy!

I must say I enjoyed that 1984 Countdown episode, even if most of the clips were common apart from No Nonsense. I loved Australia, You're Standing In It at the time and was always a fan of Tim & Debbie - I even have their album "Brainspace Vol 2" which spawned the Humpty Dumpty single which was shown on Countdown.

I have a 1996 ABC video with the Best of Australia, You're Standing In It featuring Tim & Debbie, Rod Quantock, The Dodgey Brothers, Chunky Custard, 0.05 Mates etc. I just wish I had taped the series at the time, same goes for Sweet & Sour.

Rod Quantock was quite funny..here is some trivia on him too.
He was/is married to Suzanne Dowling host of Rock Arena and he appeared in commercials for Captain Snooze..