Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel Sending unit needed fits 1930-1 Durant.

I need a Fuel Sending unit needed that fits a1930-31 Durant.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 X 2 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

Re: Fuel Sending unit needed fits 1930-1 Durant.

Rick- One of the universal type listed in the Summit catalogue? They show one for a 30-31 Chevrolet (Durant's successful line). If the screw pattern on the top didn't line up, I know you could fix that. Sender is just a variable resistor, the vehicle's voltage shouldn't matter. You bought the $2500.00 6-19 sedan didn't you? You are a glutton for punishment! Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Back when I was working on m y 29 Roadster, Ford, GM, Chrysler and universal sending unit all had different OHM ranges i.e. 0-30, 33-240 etc. I remember Durant had a different ohm range as well, but for the life of me I just can't remember what it was, I thought I'd start with a Durant unit. I checked and While Summit is out of stock Amazon and American Classic trucks carry them.

I purchased the Durant 619 that was owned by the late Phil Tramel a former club member, a picture of when he drove it home is still up in the Photographs section. The car has very good bones and complete except for a cowl band.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 x 2 and 1929 model 60 Roadste

Rick I had no luck trying to get a chevy unit to work, even after I changed the mounting hole pattern (both are 5 bolt). I sent payment to KMLifeStyle in October as they seemed to know what I needed. I'm waiting on them to fabricate something? Maybe they will have some stock once/if you were to order from them?

Where Are You From? Tucson, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 4

Hi Bob,
Yes, I have used KMLifeStyle in the past with great success, they restored the gauges on my 619 back to like new working condition. If I should find an Durant fuel sending unit I will have them restore it.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

Still at it about Durant, we did make them in 32 also. :smiley:
I got mine from Horton's Hot Rod Parts in Milton 2010 after trying to figure out from the corroded mess what ohmage and turning etc. Those are available various places just putting that in search.

SN32 Tank Sender 0-90 Ohm- Adjustable 6-24"

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Thanks Norm, this will be for the new 619, it doesn't have a sending unit at all.

Now there you go by Billy with no bumpers on the 407 to save money to buyers, he extended it to 619 with no sending unit as Lansing closes its doors ha ha

Reminds me of the late Ron Jaremkow up the Ottawa Valley with the 407. Float seldom worked so he stuck a piece of wood in the tank, to see the depth of fuel now and then.

Oh that reminded me to ask what the 22A serial number is on L-2104 ... know the head is 3-11-31 and block is 6-12-31 Think it might be 270xx looking at other 619's

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club