Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
30 x 3.5 tires wanted

After years of trying to convince the car it is okay to leave the garage , I’m ready to buy new tires and wonder if you have any advice on which tires to choose. Current tires are just too old to feel safe driving

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star model c

Re: 30 x 3.5 tires wanted

Coker Tire is about as good as any.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

There is not a bunch of choices for classic tires these days. As Don said Coker tire, maybe Lucas classic tires out of Calif. There are some hard to find tires that you may be able to source from the UK. Some may not know that back in the fifties classic tire sizes were non-existant. Even the big classic cars were sometimes passed over because you couldn't get tires. Think Duesenberg, Packard etc. I had to wait for a year to get tubes with metal stems from Coker Tire, because they just run a batch when they have enough orders.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Summit Racing sells a number of the Coker tires. Typically you end up with free shipping and whatever promo codes are going on. Saves a few bucks by using Summit. I'm looking at tires for my Flint right now.

Tom

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? Too many - Star, Durant & Flint

The Durant Motors Automobile Club