Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant model 66 for sale at Portland Swap Meet

At this weekend's Portland (Oregon) swap meet. 1929 model 66 4-dr 6 wire wheel sedan 6 cylinder, 4 speed. Probably just a parts car. $1200.00 Kelso Washington (60 north of Portland on I-5). 503-498-2539(not sure why this has an Oregon area code). Only has driver's door , other 3 missing. Very rough, but some good parts, body wood is terrible,but I suppose you'd have some patterns, someone had tacked on some sheet metal over the roof at some time in the past, which probably helped a little. The guy can deliver it for a fee. There can't be too many left if this is what you need, because the seller doesn't want to store it, and you know what that means.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Durant model 66 for sale at Portland Swap Meet

Was this sold or still available?

Where Are You From? Dewey,, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Bruce-I am not sure what this car's status is now. The guy that had this at the meet was trying to sell this for someone else and really had no interest in it. I had the feeling that it would go to scrap if someone didn't buy it soon. All I have is the phone number listed above.It came from a city north of Portland on I-5. Portland had several Durant dealers back in the day, or it could have come from Seattle if it stayed local. It looked like a big project, but it is a model 6-66 which was near the top of Durants for the year. Good luck.

Also if you end up with this car, I think I have a passenger side front door that will fit.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club