Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1924 Star Touring for sale on Hemmings

A 1924 Star Model C Touring car is for sale on auction by a dealer on Hemmings. It is in Sudbury, Ontario. Current bid is $3,500, reserve has not been met, and the on-line auction goes for another 10 days. Reference # 1924-star-other-sudbury-on-912518 on Hemmings site.

This Durant is listed in the DMAC Durantcars Star registry as owned by Joe Palangio, I do not find Joe listed in the club roster which I have. Some of our Canadian members may know Joe or have contact info for him.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Re: 1924 Star Touring for sale on Hemmings

I contacted the seller. Joe is no longer the owner of the Star, and Denis the seller says the car has been in their collection for "some time now".

Very nice looking car. I wish it were closer to Texas as I would definitely place a bid! This IS a Star C model with an F model radiator shell.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Doubt you will find Joe to talk to since deceased for a long time and this R&R picked up some cars from the estate auction car collection to flog them. As it says they have had this car for years trying to sell it. It surfaces now and then.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The auction is closing today. Current bid is $6,500 and the reserve has not been met.

The auction was bid to $8,500 but did not meet reserve.

The Star is now offered on Hemmings "Make An Offer".

The Durant Motors Automobile Club