Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water pump

Scott- Let me box it up and get shipping costs. $25.00 for the pump. I'm sure it will work for you, just get the main shaft replaced and re-bush the ends. As I said the housing has good threads and the big adjusting nut is there if only a little dinged up. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

My address.
404 Tennyson Rd.
Winter Haven, Florida

My Cell # 863-812-3262 if you have any questions. Get me a total and your info and I will send you a money order or cashier's check.
I really appreciate you getting back to me and your help. Anything you need just let me know. Thanks again
Scott

Where Are You From? Winter Haven , Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6 14

Hey Ross. I might be interested in anything else you may have for the car. Just a thought. Thanks

Scott- Water pump sent off today by USPS, should arrive by wednesday. $25.00 for the pump, and $20.00 for the shipping. Ross Hoevet 13665 SE Willingham Court Clackamas Oregon 97015. This should get you back in business once you get a new shaft into the housing. What exactly do you need? I don't have much, but have some spares. Ross

Thanks Ross. I just need a few smalls. My car is pretty complete. I will try to send some pictures.

Received the pump this week. Exactly what I need. I sent a money order off today. Thanks again Ross. Scott

Scott-Received the payment and thanks for the "tip". I think these are good engines for their day. Things to watch for are; Lube the reservoir for the fan hub bearing (filler plug + engine oil), if you are going through the engine, watch for the "hidden screw" in the front filler block. This part is easy to break since it is some pot metal alloy (and the rear is a nice piece of cast aluminum..?) The flexible hose-coupling between the water pump and generator is really there to absorb "slop" between the alignment of the two components. Otherwise, these are sturdy engines. The Spicer joints on the driveshaft could be better as they tend to throw grease all over the place, and the rear axle shafts are a known weak point. Probably not their design, just the metallurgy of the day (they can snap when you least expect it, e.g, speedbumps in a parking lot! Ross

Thanks for the info Ross. I will keep in touch.

There’s a guy in Oregon, goes by the name The Flying Dutchman. I sent him my pump off my 1931 DeVaux 6-75 and he made it work and look like new. He does phenomenal work, only charged me $185, and my pump was a mess.

His number is (541)450-2277
Website is www.water-pump-rebuilders.com

Good luck,
Jason

Where Are You From? Washington state

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, 1931 DeVaux 6-75 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club