Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hub cap wrenches

Hi Dennis.

It might be a hubcap from one of the earlier Durant years (1921 - 1929). I have 1930 Durants which are entirely different from the earlier years, so I am not too familiar with the 1921-29 hubcaps. The 1930/31 hub caps are aluminum and have the Durant name spelled out.

If you can reply with a picture, other club members may be able to identify the hubcap. Just go to the top of your reply on this page where it says "How to add pictures". It takes about 3 steps to add a picture and the directions need to be read carefully as it a program outside of our web site that connects, so we work with it.

Bob

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Hi, Bob:
I am having a problem with my digital camera, it thinks the SD memory card is bad. Possibly I can get another SD card. I might be able to make a pic using cell phone, not sure if an image from that can be uploaded. The upload procedure leaves me confused at this point, so this may take a little while! (BTW, my camera is a Canon Power Shot A 510. It is about 15 years old, maybe compatibility issues with SD memory cards.)

Dennis

Where Are You From? Jackson, Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

IMG-2853

Where Are You From? Jackson, Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Looks like a DeSoto hubcap with that stylized D.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

From the hubcap collector site hubcapcollector.com

Desoto

Hello Norm
Yes it does look like a Desoto hub cap, definitely
not Durant.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65

DeSoto had that style, also D with small e and DS.
The lad who owns De Vaux M-3245 Coupe used that DeSoto D one on his wheels. (same thread size) as I assume he couldn't find the proper De Vaux ones. I have a pics of his coupe, inc one of his left front wheel with the DeSoto cap.

Devaux

The Durant Motors Automobile Club