Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Small handle for front seat adjuster

Gordon-Did Will buy Reg Bent's roadster project? I got some pictures of it, and it was pretty far along, and looks to be a nice one when completed--and it's a roadster! That small racheting seat adjuster handle might be hard to locate, as each car only had one. I can snap a picture of mine if you need something to go by. It has the "spearpoint" design scribed into the face.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The small handle that we are looking for is unlike any of the other handles on the car. The one on our 1932 Frontenac is exactly the same. We do have a non workable one that Reg gave us, and we are going to dismember it and see if we can repair it.
Will bought Reg's restored Roadster! It is a beautiful car. I have driven it around town and enjoyed every mile. As with any new acquisition, there are always things that you change or repair to suit yourself. We are enjoying it.
When we dismember the broken handle, we will let everyone know if there is any hope of it being repaired.
What is not working on the one we have, is the interior spring that works the ratchet that controls the direction that the screw turns to either advance or retard the seat. It is not easily dismantled as it is held together by two rivets, one of them being the knob handle.
We can move the seat now, as Reg had welded a small 1/4 inch socket to the projecting screw and you can attach a 1/4 inch ratchet to the protruding socket and adjust to which way you want the screw to turn. Hope this helps.
Thank you Ross and Norm for your discussions.
It would just be a whole lot simpler if we could find a workable unit.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac assembled by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside , Ontario

Gord do you not have a 2nd 670 Frontenac sedan you said was out at the farm. Perhaps it has the unit ??

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Norm:
We sold that Frontenac a few years ago. When we went to pick up the car at the farm where it was stored, That part of the car and two of the hubcaps had been stolen. The purchaser of the vehicle wanted the engine, and they have used some other parts. I believe that the front fenders went to the US . Not sure about any of the other parts.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac assembled by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside , Ontario

Gord I don't have a spare but can provide a picture

DSCN3241

cute .. but all sheet metal

Where Are You From? Tucson, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club