Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
star tail light parts

My car has the Chevy style oval tail light. I have several plugs with the protruding spring loaded pins but they all protrude too far to engage the pins that lock the plug into the socket. I need the plug and I'm missing the license plate light lens. Any one know where I can find these parts?

Where Are You From? Denver

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star m 4dr sedan

Re: star tail light parts

Hi Curtis.

Not sure I can help you as my car is a 1930 Durant 614, but I will share my experience with the tail light plug issue.

My plugs (connectors) are the 2 pin type and are made of bakelite. The originals crumbled and I looked everywhere for correct replacements. Thought a Ford Model T connector might work, but all the Model T guys said no. After months of searching I found a specialty place in CA which had excellent reproductions. Bought an extra set for spares! Later found out the Model T guys were wrong and the connectors were available (they just did not handle them so were not knowledgeable).

I bought my connectors from Jessica at Restoration Supply Company Inc. in Escondido, CA back in January, 2017. Part number for my 1930 Durant connector with 2 contacts is ELE141. The part description is "Plug-Bakelite Double Contact, screw on ribbed cap". The connector has two evenly spaced retainer pins on the sides, and internal screws under the screw on cap to connect the wires from your wiring harness. You can check their website at www.RestorationStuff.com. Cost is about $16 each, but no matter since they are available.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Re: star tail light parts

Robert, Just to let you know, I was able do some build-up work on one of my existing double pin plugs with J B Weld enabling me to carfully pull out the locking pins and relocate them to a position which allows locking the plug into the tail light socket. Works like champ. Still need a license light lens if you know of anyone who has a spare kicking around. Thanks for your response. Curt

Where Are You From? Denver

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star m 4dr sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club