Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Headlight Reflector Wanted

Rick-You are a lucky boy. I have a two hole reflector for our cars. Ten bucks plus shipping(hardly weighs anything). I had my reflectors redone by reflective aluminum. Will not tarnish like silver (company was called Uvix? I think). Same process used on medical equipment. Do you know you can get LED six volt bulbs that will fit? Some may say that they are not driving their cars at night, but as sure as you say that, you will. Our headlights are not the best, and my night vision isn't like it once was. Will need your address again. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Rick: I had the reflectors done on the Frontenac in 1986 I believe. They are still great. This company specifies that you have to send them the reflectors perfectly clean (they like nickel plating) Then they spray on an aluminum coating and then seal it with glass. This is similar to what the original seal beam headlamps were.
This company is:

UVIRA
310 Pleasant Valley Road
MERLIN, Oregon, 97532
Phone: (541) 956-6880

If you google Headlight reflectors you will find several Antique car clubs who have reported on this manufacturer.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Limited, Leaside, On tario

Hi Ross,

Thanks, I take it!

BTW, I am looking into 6 volt LED headlight bulbs and I may have found them.
I'll let you know more about them.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of Them

Gord, I'll contact them this week, Thanks

I spoke to Bill at UVIRA, he actually sold the company but still does the special plating on the side these days. Since this work is done from his home, you must first have someone nickel plate the reflectors and then send to him. Ross sent me his reflector and I will take the pair into the shop on Monday for the nickel phase. Thanks Ross and Gordon.

BTW, several of the Model A Ford suppliers like Snyder's and MAC's are selling a 6 volt LED light bulb as a direct replacement for the stock blubs. They work on 5 to 30 volts, not polarized, I've purchased a pair but won't be able to test for a while.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club