Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Star Motors

A Houston area Star Car dealership opened in the 1920's. Later in the 1920's he became a Chrysler dealer and closed in 1965. I stumbled upon the dealership in 1970 but nothing was for sale. After 48 years and 4 generations of ownership I purchased the dealership inventory for the Mopar parts. I have not picked up everything but was told there is a bit of Star Car inventory including 4 Continental engines and a few radiator shells with the Star emblem. Various new parts may also be involved. Per the engines is there any demand for Star engines or should they be scrapped? George Taylor 832 879 0715

Where Are You From? Houston Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Star Motors

Don't scrap anything! It can used somewhere, sometime, somehow!
Email sent.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Now that's an interesting story! You have some degree of patience and perseverance I might add. Hopefully anything Star/Durant related is saved. One never knows when the next item is needed by someone down the line.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

To prevent this from going to the salvage I purchased at auction a Continental 6.The brass tag says "Flint Six" engine number GE19578. The block looks rough but having rebuilt many rough engines this one looks ok. It is equipped with both crank and cam shaft. A $150 will take it. I can build a shipping crate for $100 and you pay the freight. you may call me at 845-224-7934

Where Are You From? New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

The Durant Motors Automobile Club