Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For sale 1930 deluxe sport coupe 614

For sale 1930 Durant deluxe sport coupe 614 fresh out of 25 plus year heated dry storage complete running driving car on a old restoration car is complete with tour pack steamer trunk and original dove radiator mascot also has binder full of original sales brochure and history I put a complete new wiring harness in 6 volt and replaced all fluids flushed radiator car has original everything in near perfect condition a true unmolested time capsule fresh appraisal of $27,000 Canadian car was built at leaside Ontario as this and engine stamp suggest car is t 5525 this is #8 as there are 7 registered 1930 deluxe sport coupes registered in the Durant registry this is truly a rare opportunity to own a complete original durant deluxe sport coupe for my asking price of $25,000 Canadian contact Greg by email and contact number I am located in Alberta Canada and can and will deliver within Canada or help in shipping arrangements worldwide contact for pictures and info

Thank you
Greg storey
GPS vintage tin racing

Where Are You From? Alberta canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: For sale 1930 deluxe sport coupe 614

Not sure what you have, Deluxe Coupe or Sport Roadster. The Leaside booklet does not mention any Sport Coupe nor do vin books or brochures.
Now the VIN you mention as t 5525.
Leaside 1930 Jan to Dec 31 1930 is T 1001 to T 4269
1931 Jan 1 1931 to Jan 31 1932 is B 4270 to B 5034
1932 Feb 1 1932 to end is J 5035 and up. Only known 1932 614 is J-5093 Coupe and J 5222 Sedan.

Doesn't make them any more valuable than and other Durant. Durant / Star / Rugby / and other makes are considered orphan cars and as such do not command big dollars fully restored. Old Auto's paper out of Ont did an article on what's it worth and as luck would happen they had a rare 1932 618 Durant with all the bells and whistles it could ever have, side mounts, trunk on the back etc. Worth $14,000 Can and said it was worth the same 20 years earlier because of being an orphan car. AACA club echoed the same thing a few years back about a 1933 Continental Beacon Coupe and not worth much. Its a hobby and we pay more restoring them then we will ever get back.

You can't go by the Registry in DMAC which hasn't been touched since 2006 and isn't correct in places. Most of it was privately compiled in the 80 / 90's and based on hunches at times. The owner didn't believe in the Dominion Motors 1931 - 1933 alpha vins A - P minus I, O, N and used the T or made up a US plant in the case of the Frontenac. Fronty was all Canadian car.

The engine will have casting dates head and block plus a serial number on a boss at back of manifold on the block. You won't find a 22A engine with 1932 casting dates and its long been thought Dominion Motors used up existing US parts to create the 31 / 32's. The 32 Durant's and 1932 E 670 Fronty all have casting dates in 1931. In 1932 Dominion changed the 22A to 32A on the later 618 / 633 Durant and 685 Frontenac. That's another thing .. What does the VIN plate say on yours, Durant Motors or Dominion Motors for Durant Motors, out of Leaside ? Leaside became totally Canadian owned and operated Jan 14 1931.

The one piece Swallow rad cap was used on De Vaux, Frontenac and 618 Durant. The aftermarket catalogues specifically say E Fronty and 618 Durant. You could however buy the Swallow to mount on existing Durant 30 - 32 caps. So I assume you drill the flat spear type Durant cap and bolt it on.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club